Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

97 point jump with EQ!!!

tag
catzcradle
New Contributor

97 point jump with EQ!!!

It looks like time really does heal most wounds. I've been trying with NO success to GW a 60 day late from November of '07. Bsides a 30 day late from '06, it was the only derog left in my payment history. Last year, my scores were 659 with EQ and 697 with TU, and they would not BUDGE for the entire year other than the minor fluctuations of 3-5 points up or down. Let's just say I was frustrated. So I kind of put it out of my mind for a while until I got a letter saying I'd received a CLI on one of my cards. It jogged my memory that the 60 day late is now two years old and so I pulled my scores - 756 with EQ and 759 with TU!!! That totally made my day. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy I'm ALMOST a 760!!!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me! I first pulled my scores in late 2007 and they were in the mid-500s. Without these boards, I'm not sure I would have known what to do. What a nice early Christmas gift from FICO-Claus!

Message Edited by catzcradle on 12-12-2009 11:46 AM
- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Homebuyer24
Valued Member

Re: 97 point jump with EQ!!!

Wow that is amazing!  I am hoping for that kind of christmas gift as well.  

I just had a question--you mention 2 years and the scores jumped dramatically.  Do the lates not count for much after 2 years?  I have lates on cards I settled with in early 2007 (between Jan-Apr) so it has been over 2 years for me--but it will be close to the 3 year mark this Jan--does that mean my scores can jump dramatically with each year?  Thanks! 

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!!!! Congrats.

So, nothing changed besides the 60 days' age? Based on your siggy, how much did util change between 10/08 and now?

Message 3 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Homebuyer24 wrote:

Wow that is amazing!  I am hoping for that kind of christmas gift as well.  

I just had a question--you mention 2 years and the scores jumped dramatically.  Do the lates not count for much after 2 years?  I have lates on cards I settled with in early 2007 (between Jan-Apr) so it has been over 2 years for me--but it will be close to the 3 year mark this Jan--does that mean my scores can jump dramatically with each year?  Thanks! 

A settled account is looked at by FICO the same as a charge off. Those are really hurting you and need to be removed to help your score.

Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

To catzcradle:

That's excellent, excellent news!!!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great, catzcradle!  Congratulations!
Message 6 of 7
catzcradle
New Contributor

Ilecs - That was the most significant change. I had one inquiry showing in 6/08. I don't have any inquiries now. My util was at 7% in 10/08. I'm at 3% now, but I do tend to bounce around between about 2% and 9%. It never seemed to matter much for me when I was checking throughout the year.

Homebuyer24 - I know I read on the boards here at some point that 2 years is when the negatives start to have significantly less impact, but I imagine they continue to decrease in impact as time goes on. So hopefully you will see some Fico-love at 3 yrs! Let us know, then I'll be looking forward to 3 yrs myself! Smiley Happy

- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.