Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99/500 or regular secured card?

tag
niecy357
Valued Member

99/500 or regular secured card?

Hello

I am not new to MyFico forum but just had a question. I recently applied for a BOA checking account and BOA Cash Rewards. I checked the application status and it said denied...secured card. Does this mean the 99/500 or a regular secured card. My TU score is 644 with no baddies and Experian is 635 with 30 day late 2011 and Navy charge off that will fall in June. Thanks for your input.

Bank of America Cash Rewards 123

Secured credit card

Unfortunately, we're unable to approve your credit card application at this time.

A letter has been mailed explaining the reasons for our decision which entitles you to a free copy of your credit report.

As a result of our decision, any balance transfer requests included with your credit application will not be processed.

Application type Online
Application ID
Application date 2/15/2018
Decision date 2/15/2018
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 99/500 or regular secured card?

From what I’ve read, seems if you get a counter offer on a denied app, there will be a disclaimer and link (to set up funding) after you submit your app. 

Message 2 of 5
niecy357
Valued Member

Thanks for your reply. I applied for the checking account, it was approved then the system shut down, I got an error message. I received a congrats on opening checking account email but never a denied or congrats email on the BOA cash rewards card. I checked the application status website and saw denied...secured card. As shown above. Just curious. I will wait until I receive the info in the mail.
Message 3 of 5
niecy357
Valued Member

It was a fully secured with a $39 AF. I will have all baddies removed in June so I will re-apply in July.
Message 4 of 5
niecy357
Valued Member

Re-applied for the BOA cash rewards in June and denied but the link for the 99/500 popped up. I jumped on it and now working the new card but can I add money to increase the limit? Or does it stay at 500 until it graduates?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.