Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Couple Of Questions

tag
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

A Couple Of Questions

Hello.  I have a couple of questions.  First, should I pay off my CO First Premier, which is killing my utilization, before settling any collections with CA's that have been denied PFD.  Also, I sent a PFD to a finance company whose address I got from my CR.  It was returned to me undeliverable.  It is due to fall off of my CR in a few months.  Should I just let it be?  Thank You

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: A Couple Of Questions

Is the ist premier willing to pfd the other thats about to fall off I qould leave alone.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 4
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

I have not tried a PFD with First Premier.  From what I have seen, they are not very willing to do that.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As I understand the post, you have a creditor who charged-off the debt, and a debt collector is also reporting on the same debt.

The question is should you offer a PFD to the OC if the debt collector wont do a PFD?

First, you would need to determine whether the OC still owns the debt.  If the debt collector purchased the debt, the OC is entirely out of the picture as to accepting any payment of the debt, PFD or otherwise.

If the OC still owns the debt, you can always offer them payment, with or without a PFD contingency.

If they accept, they cannot agree to any deltion of the reporting by the debt collector, so the PFD would be limited to request for deletion of their reporting charge-off, and any other reported delinquencies.  You would then request, after payment, that the debt collector delete their reporting as a good-will gesture.  Having cut them out of the process may not foster much good-will on their part.

Just letting it be based on CR exclusion is always an option.  However, you still  have unpaid, delinquent debt.  You always run the future risk of that unpaid, delinquent debt being discovered by other means than a simple pull of your CR.  Your roll of the dice.  It's always better to have no unpaid, delinquent debt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.