Did you mean: 

A Judgement Garnished My Wages

tag
Icemanku
New Contributor

A Judgement Garnished My Wages

My credit report now says:

Your UNIFUND account balance has decreased by 31% from $2,499 to $1,730

Can I PFD of the judgement and/or CR even though the original balance is paid by the garnishment? I can basically make them a deal to PFD can't I?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: A Judgement Garnished My Wages

Contact the clerks office, of the court that issued the judgment, ask " what steps you have to take to have the judgment removed from your CR". The judgment would have to be completely paid, before the removal of the judgment.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 13
Icemanku
New Contributor

That's seems way too simple. What's the catch?
Message 3 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@Icemanku wrote:
That's seems way too simple. What's the catch?

If you have the money to pay off the judgement, and they agree in writing to eliminate or vacate the judgement upon payment in full, you have a chance of getting it removed.  

Unfortunately, since they are already garnishing, and getting paid, what motivation would they have to negotiate further with you?  That's the catch.

Message 4 of 13
Icemanku
New Contributor

Couldn't I play dumb and act like I owe them the fees and negotiate a PFD?
Message 5 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@Icemanku wrote:
Couldn't I play dumb and act like I owe them the fees and negotiate a PFD?

When they look up your account they will see the payments coming from a garnishment.

Message 6 of 13
Icemanku
New Contributor

Yes, but they're still going to hit me up for the fees I owe them. It's basically free money to them and I could possibly negotiate a PFD?

Message 7 of 13
Booner72
Senior Contributor

It can't hurt to try.  I say go for it.  You never know til you ask.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 13
Icemanku
New Contributor

Why wouldn't they? I play dumb like I still owe them and I basically pay them to delete it? Answer is ALWAYS no if you don't ask.

Message 9 of 13
Icemanku
New Contributor

This judgement is paid, but I still have a balance with the CA. Can I do a PFD or pay for judgement vacation?

What should I do?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.