free4all_25

A Little Lost and Needing Some Credit Rebuilding Direction

Hi Everyone,

I stumpled upon this forum a few days ago, and I can tell that this is a place that is going to really help me rebuild me credit. As I read through some of the threads, I saw terms like "app spree"and "gardening" and realized that I have obviously missed some things. I don't know what those things mean or how they (might) apply to me, so any help would be appreciated.

A little bit about me:

- My student loans just went into repayment (under IBR and I'm paying as agreed)

- I have a few unpaid collections that I intend to pay (but I think I should PFD these if possible, right?)

- A few baddies that have been paid, but still appear on my credit report (as paid)

- No late payments on my one credit card (Capital One secured card) or the personal loan I have through my bank

I don't know what I should be doing at this point (other than keeping the card's utilization low) to get my credit score up. When I checked my credit score this month (FAKO through Equifax), it was 590.

If anyone can point me in the right direction (especially to a few threads that might be beneficial to me)...

Many thanks. 

Starting Score: 640 FICO (TU)
Current Score: 640 FICO (TU)
Goal Score: 715

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
TrishN

Re: A Little Lost and Needing Some Credit Rebuilding Direction

do you have a credit card?  list your full credit report then we can help you better

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
pizzadude

Re: A Little Lost and Needing Some Credit Rebuilding Direction

Welcome to the forums !

I'd suggest taking a look at the threads in the link below ~ also take a look at the sticky threads posted in each forum, there is a wealth of information available:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/224981

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+