Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Public Record I know Nothing About - help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Public Record I know Nothing About - help

Hello everyone,

I have a question. I lived in the USA for about 5 years for school and then work. In 2008, I moved overseas to pursue a job and have been away ever since. When I left thr US my score was at 720 and I have no student loans or debt. I also made sure to pay all my bills. 

I got a notice from my bank lately which prompted me to purchase a credit report, which shows my score down to 630 because of a public record dated April 2013. I was not in America at the time and have no knowledge of any bills or unpaid balances. I want to get more information but the info (case number, court number) on the report does not match any of the formats that case numbers usually go by (ie. AA-1234567). I used my state's court website and nothing. Also asked some friends in America to help look and no luck. Before I spend money on long distance calls, I would appreciate it so much if someone could give me some clues as to how to get access to the public record? It is a small amount ($467) and not worth the damage to my score. I just want to get it resolved but I can't without knowing what it is.

thank you very much. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Public Record I know Nothing About - help

Best bet is to take the time and effort to call the contact info from your report to get the info on it. If you were out of the country you will have that documentation and clearly were not served properly. It may be a royal pain to take care of while you are still out of the country though. hope it goes well.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Public Record I know Nothing About - help

Pull your full free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com

The TU report in particular should give you all kinds of info regarding any judgments.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.