Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Quick Util ?

tag
choppa02
Contributor

A Quick Util ?

I have a CA on my report for $1,250 I currently have $1,700 in revolving credit, so is my util roughly at 74%? The CA is almost 6yrs old and past sol I offered to settle at 25% but they declined and said they would take no less than 60% should I bite the bullet and pay the 60%? Im in the market for a car loan and I want my scores as high as possible.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Re: A Quick Util ?

It is not counted as part of your utilization. Paying it may lower your score when it updates unless you can negotiate a PFD.
Message 2 of 6
choppa02
Contributor

Wow I always thought the balance of a CA was factored into your util... is the same thing true about CO?
Message 3 of 6
choppa02
Contributor

Sorry for the newbie ?'s im trying to learn as much as possible for the veterans on this forum
Message 4 of 6
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

A charge off of a credit card reported by the OC that has a balance reporting does affect utilization.
Message 5 of 6
choppa02
Contributor

Oh okay I see. I paid a CA in full it was only $199 and got a small score increase a week later, I figured it was util going down was the cause, I guess it was something else.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.