cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Score Jump! Wahoo!

tag
financiav

Re: A Score Jump! Wahoo!

First of all - Congrats!  You are an inspiration!

I have 120 day late student loan on four separate loan accounts appearing on my report from December 2012.  Like a dummy I paid them before I rehabbed them which I am learning means that they would have been easier to remove.  I tried my first GW and was denied. 

I am wondering how old are your student loan lates when you say they are falling off?

Thanks

Message 11 of 12
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: A Score Jump! Wahoo!

In my experience, the old rehabbed accounts remain a part of your credit report. They will report a $0 balance, and there should be NO mention of default or 'paid by insurance' on the account.

The lates stay on your credit report for the standard amount of time, though frankly I found with my two Nelnet accounts that they did drop off a couple of months before I thought they should have. Here is what the status of my Sallie Mae loan was on June 20th. That was almost two months ago, so maybe each one of these lates dropped off each month since then (e.g. July 5 and August 5 maybe?). In fact, maybe that correlates to the Dec 2006 and Nov 2006 dates below. If, for example, the 120 days late for November would have originally gone delinquent in July 2006, which was 7 years ago last month. For the Dec 2006 late, that would have been August 2006.

I can't tell you how weary I am of thinking about and dealing with student loans. But then, I probably don't HAVE to tell you -- I'm sure most people in my situation feel the same way.

salmae.gif

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.