Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Treat from Equifax

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

A Treat from Equifax

I know, I know, hard to believe. But it finally happened today.  I just got off the phone with equifax, asked about my public records, and there exclusion dates. The lady was very plesant. I have 2 public records, a paid judgement that was supposed to come off october 1st 2016 and a paid state tax lien that was suppose to come off in July of 2017. she asked which one I was inquiring about I said both, she said let me take a look can I place you on a brief hold. A couple minutes later she said I think I can get both of them removed for you. Let me talk to my supervisor. I thought to myself this is where it will end, they won't allow it, knowing equifax.  A couple minutes later, she came back and said that she deleted them both and that it would take about 48 hours for my report to update, and I got a confirmation number. 

I Still don't believe it, I have been calling them off and on for about 5 years, have tried everything and finally I have 3 absolutely clean credit reports!!!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Treat from Equifax

Wow, congrats! Well done

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No way. Congrats. 🤗🤗🤗
Was it EE or the new guidelines?
Message 3 of 29
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I started off the conversation asking when they could be excluded.  She said that she would check and see when they could be removed, so I am not sure, I only asked for EE

Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My judgement is due to follow off in 2020. I am afraid the EE route won't work for me 😭😭. I'm hoping the EX/TU success will extend to EQ. Fingers crossed I ny have to wait too long.
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My judgement is due to follow off in 2020. I am afraid the EE route won't work for me 😭😭. I'm hoping the EX/TU success will extend to EQ. Fingers crossed I ny have to wait too long.

I think all 3 CRAs are pretty much already updating their policies to the new guidelines about not reporting most public records. I had my judgement removed from all 3 although EQ came back saying verified first then two days later it was deleted. So hope you guys have luck getting yours off as well. Mine were supposed to be on until Oct 2017 so it was nice, didn't really help my score but still nice to get off. 

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff500 l
did you dispute online or by phone? What was your reason for the the dispute?
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Jeff500 l
did you dispute online or by phone? What was your reason for the the dispute?

I disputed online and just put that it had been vacated. Also I've read some other posts on here that people have been having same luck by calling in too and it's usually quicker than the online dispute. But you should be good doing either way. 

Message 8 of 29
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I didn't dispute. I just asked when the earliest date they could be excluded was. She did the rest😊

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 9 of 29
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.