Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Treat from Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Treat from Equifax

That is awesome! Congratulations! Keep up the good work with your credit!

Message 21 of 29
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear they claim they can't find the call, but believe me they can.....and the rep will be reprimanded if she misled you in any way (trust me....recordings work to protect them AND you). This is Equifax we're speaking of here & I once worked for AT&T  in a call center & they KEEP stuff for a while. When I call, I let them "know" when we start off that this call is being recorded on my end as well for my protection. They can deny the right by refusal (never had one that refused...pretty shocked that I knew that age old trick) & the law only requires they accept acknowledgment of it. Please keep us posted....

It's interesting when you play the game that you get more accomplished with a baited mouse trap than not Smiley Very Happy

SisterGirl
Message 22 of 29
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@SisterGirl wrote:

Sorry to hear they claim they can't find the call, but believe me they can.....and the rep will be reprimanded if she misled you in any way (trust me....recordings work to protect them AND you). This is Equifax we're speaking of here & I once worked for AT&T  in a call center & they KEEP stuff for a while. When I call, I let them "know" when we start off that this call is being recorded on my end as well for my protection. They can deny the right by refusal (never had one that refused...pretty shocked that I knew that age old trick) & the law only requires they accept acknowledgment of it. Please keep us posted....

It's interesting when you play the game that you get more accomplished with a baited mouse trap than not Smiley Very Happy

I will keep you posted, upper level management have said that they acknowledge that I called last week, like I said that I did, however they deny that the CSR put any notes regarding the account or the reason that I called, they have said that they will track down the phone call, but I doubt that in it self will change anything, I have filed complaints with the BBB and CFPB. 

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

traveler2005 wrote:

I called and spoke to a supervisor, she was more than happy to EE a paid lien and a nelnet account with lates

Smiley Surprised How did you pull off getting the Nelnet lates removed??

OP: That's horrible! I'm sure it feels lika an emotional rollercoaster. Especially when you are putting forth the effort to get back on track and stay that way! I really hope they are held accountable for what the original rep led you to believe. What she agreed to do is absolutely a big deal and it uplifted your spirits! 

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all your effort and hard work! Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@traveler2005 wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

I will keep you posted, upper level management have said that they acknowledge that I called last week, like I said that I did, however they deny that the CSR put any notes regarding the account or the reason that I called, they have said that they will track down the phone call, but I doubt that in it self will change anything, I have filed complaints with the BBB and CFPB. 

Was going to suggest what you've done. Rooting for you on this one.

Message 26 of 29
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

When you called, did you use the number for the dispute department? 'Cause I just had an extremely unhelpful conversation with TU's Indian call center about a CO that's due to come off in November. I'm *this* close to having a clean report, so being EE-blocked is really frustrating.

Message 27 of 29
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: A Treat from Equifax UPDATE

@traveler2005 wrote:

@adamkingadam wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

I know, I know, hard to believe. But it finally happened today.  I just got off the phone with equifax, asked about my public records, and there exclusion dates. The lady was very plesant. I have 2 public records, a paid judgement that was supposed to come off october 1st 2016 and a paid state tax lien that was suppose to come off in July of 2017. she asked which one I was inquiring about I said both, she said let me take a look can I place you on a brief hold. A couple minutes later she said I think I can get both of them removed for you. Let me talk to my supervisor. I thought to myself this is where it will end, they won't allow it, knowing equifax.  A couple minutes later, she came back and said that she deleted them both and that it would take about 48 hours for my report to update, and I got a confirmation number. 

I Still don't believe it, I have been calling them off and on for about 5 years, have tried everything and finally I have 3 absolutely clean credit reports!!!!!!!

Very nice! Don't know how you did it. I just called and used the same language and all the CSR could do is recite the "retention policy".  I have two damn CA state tax liens that will never seem to go away on EQ only! 

Well done again! 

So after waiting for the weekend to pass, I pulled my report, and the paid judgement and paid tax lien are still on there. I called today, and they said they didn't have a record of my call (go figure) I gave them my confirmation number regarding the call, no record of it. I said how coud I have gotten a confirmation on a call that you say that I didn't make. I asked for a supervisor and waited 60 minutes for her to come to the phone. I told her about the conversation last week, gave her the confirmation number, she said that she had a record of me calling, but she couldn't share the notes that were on my account, she reiterated that my accounts are due to to fall off at 7 years, I asked her to review the phone call as I know they record calls. She said they would, I asked for a follow up call after they listen to the call, she said they would not call me. What a crock of 

C##P!!!!!!  

So its been about a week since I filed my complaints with the CFBP and BBB against equifax. So far they have been willing to remove my paid judgement (due to be removed 11/1/2016 anyhow) but stand fast that the paid tax lien will not be removed until 7/2017. So far they have responded to the CFBP complaint but not to the BBB. I also disputed their response to the CFBP.

Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 28 of 29
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: A Treat from Equifax UPDATE

@traveler2005 wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

@adamkingadam wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

I know, I know, hard to believe. But it finally happened today.  I just got off the phone with equifax, asked about my public records, and there exclusion dates. The lady was very plesant. I have 2 public records, a paid judgement that was supposed to come off october 1st 2016 and a paid state tax lien that was suppose to come off in July of 2017. she asked which one I was inquiring about I said both, she said let me take a look can I place you on a brief hold. A couple minutes later she said I think I can get both of them removed for you. Let me talk to my supervisor. I thought to myself this is where it will end, they won't allow it, knowing equifax.  A couple minutes later, she came back and said that she deleted them both and that it would take about 48 hours for my report to update, and I got a confirmation number. 

I Still don't believe it, I have been calling them off and on for about 5 years, have tried everything and finally I have 3 absolutely clean credit reports!!!!!!!

Very nice! Don't know how you did it. I just called and used the same language and all the CSR could do is recite the "retention policy".  I have two damn CA state tax liens that will never seem to go away on EQ only! 

Well done again! 

So after waiting for the weekend to pass, I pulled my report, and the paid judgement and paid tax lien are still on there. I called today, and they said they didn't have a record of my call (go figure) I gave them my confirmation number regarding the call, no record of it. I said how coud I have gotten a confirmation on a call that you say that I didn't make. I asked for a supervisor and waited 60 minutes for her to come to the phone. I told her about the conversation last week, gave her the confirmation number, she said that she had a record of me calling, but she couldn't share the notes that were on my account, she reiterated that my accounts are due to to fall off at 7 years, I asked her to review the phone call as I know they record calls. She said they would, I asked for a follow up call after they listen to the call, she said they would not call me. What a crock of 

C##P!!!!!!  

So its been about a week since I filed my complaints with the CFBP and BBB against equifax. So far they have been willing to remove my paid judgement (due to be removed 11/1/2016 anyhow) but stand fast that the paid tax lien will not be removed until 7/2017. So far they have responded to the CFBP complaint but not to the BBB. I also disputed their response to the CFBP.

So another week has gone by and still no response to the BBB complaint. I guess they have until OCT 7th to respond. 

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.