Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A collection account was added to my report that I don't recognize

tag
maynie
Valued Member

A collection account was added to my report that I don't recognize

I got an alert yesterday that a collection account was added by RJM Aquisitions for $65. It was on Experian. Then today I received another alert that a collection account was added to Experian by the same company for $66. I can't see the OC and I have no idea what this could be. I know that I don't owe anyone money that I don't about and haven't taken care of already. I haven''t received anything in the mail alleging a debt so I'm thinking this must be a mistake. What's the best thing to do next? Do I buy an Experian report to get the details and then DV them? I'm just so disappointed to have a fresh collection on my report that's almost completely cleaned up at this point. Any advice is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: A collection account was added to my report that I don't recognize

You can get a free report from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp from each CRA once a year.  If you have not already done so, I would go here.

One new collection can wreak havoc on your score.  I would get the report and see what it is.  You won't know what to do without a report.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being as though its RJM its probably a book club or something similar it is also more than likely an account that doesnt belong to you but to someone with a similar name. RJM knows this and does not care. RJM is notorious for trying to collect debts from the wrong person they are also notorious for practicing business in states in which they do not have a license to do so. I have had to get my states attorney general after them twice now.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, ditto to guiness56. BTW, if it is yours, they will delete if you send a PFD and pay per the PFD.

Message 4 of 6
maynie
Valued Member

Thanks everyone! I will start with pulling a new Experian report. I've been crazy vigilant about everything on my reports for the last few months so I used every available avenue to obtain reports for free. Having to pay for one won't hurt too bad though so hopefully I can figure this out quickly. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

This just happened to me this week, too!  Mine is for $60.  I'm DV'ing them now to try to find out what the heck it is and why they think it's mine.

Here's the address that was on my report:

RGM AQU LLC

575 Underhill Blvd. Ste. 2

Syosset NY 11791

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.