cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A creditor called my husband at work today. He is not happy. What should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A creditor called my husband at work today. He is not happy. What should I do?

Would you individually call each cc company and tell them not to contact you at work or send a certified letter? He told the guy who called him at work never to call him again at work. Funny they even called. We are only 60 days late and they have only called the house phone once.

What is the best way to handle this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: A creditor called my husband at work today. He is not happy. What should I do?

60 days late, take this opportunity to get on a financial hardship program with the company, many will reduce your interest to 5% or less and lower your monthly payments for at least a 12 month period if not longer.  It will stop the fees, the calls, and negatives reporting to your credit.

Message 3 of 7
pmbrian
Contributor

Re: A creditor called my husband at work today. He is not happy. What should I do?

I agree with the previous poster, what troubles me is that you say "only 60 days late" take action before it becomes 90 or 120....it is just easier to talk with them, they will work something out with you it is cheaper for them in the long run.

03/25/20 - FICO 8 EQ - 709 TU - 717 EX - 718

09/02/19 - FICO 8 EQ - 702 TU - 699 EX - 714
Message 4 of 7
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

60 days late, take this opportunity to get on a financial hardship program with the company, many will reduce your interest to 5% or less and lower your monthly payments for at least a 12 month period if not longer.  It will stop the fees, the calls, and negatives reporting to your credit.

+1

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USBank contacted me in 5 days after missing my payment... 60, your already to far... it's reported at least a 30 day late on your credit now... don't let it go further Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unfortunately, if it is an original creditor, there are no fed statutes that prevent contact with their customers.

If it were a debt collector, there a lot of things you can do under the FDCPA.  But the FDCPA does not apply to OCs.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.