cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A creditor called "Collection" What the heck?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A creditor called "Collection" What the heck?

So I've been working on my reports I had 3 collectins that are now gone. My EX and EQ reports are clean of collections, but my TU is showing a collection. It states that the OC is Hollywood video. The CA is named "Collection". What gives? I called the number on the report just so I could find out the CA name but no answer. They are reporting every month. There is no DOFD It shows only date opened as 01/09/2006 has anyone dealt with Hollywood video? I have not used Hollywood video in probably over 6 or 7 years and its showing a $222 balance!!  have a bad feeling about this.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ariel
Valued Member

Re: A creditor called "Collection" What the heck?

What reports are you looking at?  If you get the actual credit report from the CRA (as opposed to the one you get at myFICO and FAKO services) it should have more information about who the CA is.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered the report here thats the thing. I thought I would get more information. I also ordered one through TrueCredit but it has the same information. I'm not sure what to do. The only report I have not purchased is the one at transunioncs.com. I think thats what I will do today. Small price to pay although if there isn't more information on that one I'll really be upset.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the full details of the CA, you'll need to pull your report directly from TU. It will list the name of the CA, and their contact information (mailing address & possibly phone number).

riknunez wrote:

I ordered the report here thats the thing. I thought I would get more information. I also ordered one through TrueCredit but it has the same information. I'm not sure what to do. The only report I have not purchased is the one at transunioncs.com. I think thats what I will do today. Small price to pay although if there isn't more information on that one I'll really be upset.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.