Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions for those willing to help

tag
oneofayykind
New Contributor

A few questions for those willing to help

I've been on these boards in the past and I have done my best to get my scores up. I have managed to get them around 600 since I first started coming on here last year sometime. I still have a total of 7 negatives on my credit report that I will list below. I would like some advice on what you would do with these if they were on your report. Some of them I didn't manage correctly because I wasn't able to pay in full for deletion. Here goes:

1. Car loan that was 30 days past due as of Jul 2008, Nov 2007 to Apr 2008, Oct 2006. This has been paid off and was never in collections but I was late 30 days a bunch of times.

2.  Arrow Financial Services (Taken over from HSBC card that I had). Paid in settlement. This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jun 2014.

3. HSBC (same CC as the one reporting from Arrow Financial). Transferred,closed. $XXX written off.

4. Capital One Paid,Closed. $XXX written off. This one doesnt say when it is suppose to come off but it was opened 07/2007 and Date of Status is 4/2009 same with Last Reported Date

5. David Taylor and Associates Collection account. $XXXX past due as of Nov 2009.This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2012.This was a cell phone bill and I know I was past the SoL date but I had to pay it off simply because I am trying to refinance and can't until its closed. I didnt have the money to pay this in full and settled for much less than half the amount. The credit bureau hasn't updated this one that its paid in settlement and closed.

6. 1st National Bank of Omaha Paid in settlement. $XXXX written off. This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2010.Old CC that I paid years and years ago in a settlement.

7. GEMB Closed. Was 90 days past due in August 2008. Currently is current with the payments but its closed. Still have a remaining balance but I pay it monthly simply so they continue to update my report that I'm currently on time and don't have many new accounts.

Please let me know what you would do with these. I know I can write goodwill letters to these companies but I've tried atleast 10 times to each of them and none have been removed.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A few questions for those willing to help

1) Send a GW. Don't ask them to delete.

2) Send a GW.

3) I'd first pull your EQ or TU FICO report if reporting on either/or. If there's a red flag next to the TL, then send a GW asking them to adjust it to "paid as agreed" vs "written off". If there's no flag, then leave it alone.

4) Same as #3. The removal date is 7 yrs from your DOFD, or the date you first went delinquent.

5) Send a GW.

6) Send a GW but ask them to remove any derog info, including the settlement statement.

7) Send a GW.

I know it's repetitive, sending all of these GWs, but persistence is key. Try first sending them to the address listed on your CR. Then gradually expand it to any addresses listed on their websites, SEC filing info if publicly held, BBB info, or info from other sites like the Consumerist, Zoominfo, and others. If all else fails try planetfeedback.com. Also try calling them for a GW request (don't call #5). If they say no, then you can always ask for an e-mail or fax number and expand that list.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.