born2bleed

A few questions on building my credit

Hi there everyone,

In 2009 at age 24 I decided that it was time to take the plunge and apply for a credit card to build up some credit. I applied for a card then and got the "you'll hear from us in 7-10 days" came back with and letter "unable to approve due to too many account delinquencies". I was shocked so I did the whole freecreditreport.com thing my score was 655 but there was two credit cards opened up with my info in 2004 that were maxed out(small limits both were 300 I believe). My identity was obviously stolen. I went ahead and sent letters all to the credit bureaus and the credit card companies explaining the situation. Fast forward to today I almost essentially forgot about the whole thing but the wife and I are considering buying a house at the end of the year so I out of curiosity go on freecreditreport.com again and see my score is now 733 and there is no accounts on my report but just a chevron card that my father had me linked to that was closed recently. Is possible that those delinquent accounts just really disappeared? Would I be fine now to try and apply for credit and the creditors would not see and delinquent accounts?

Thanks everyone for any help and advice
PayPal Extras MasterCard (1k), Discover IT (1k)
Established Contributor
Leadberry

Re: A few questions on building my credit

freecreditreport.com gets you your Experian report.  You need to check your Equifax and Transunion as well.  The site you want to get them from is annualcreditreport.com.  What you see on your reports is what the lenders will see.  It probably couldn't hurt to call those credit card companies and ask for an update.

guiness56

Re: A few questions on building my credit

Annualcreditreport.com is one free report from each CRA every 12 months.  They are the real CR directly from the CRAs and will provide much more detail and be more accurate.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+