Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few questions

Hi all!

I am new to the boards and must say you all have shown me that there is a way to rebuild your credit and that makes me feel so much better!  My Dh credit became very bad as I had gotten ill and not only was not able to work but we only had his income to pay for my medical bills.  We just pulled a copy of his credit report and any advice on how to get his score higher would be appreciated!

Bank Of America

Date opened 6/1/2004

Account Status:Closed

Payment StatusSmiley Tongueaid was a charge off

Limit: 7,500

Bank Of America:

Date opened: 8/1/2003

Account Status:Closed

Payment StatusSmiley Tongueaid was a charge off

Limit: 6,000

Is there anything i can do to get these two deleted?

There are also three medical bills two of which were from when our little girl was in the ER all of which are from 2008.  I tried reading the Hippa threads and just don't understand a few things.   One being do I sent the collection agency anything?  If not what do I send the orig hospital/Dr.  I admit the debt is ours and know it is.  And I haven't paid a thing on it. 

There is a collection Acct from Verizon for 138.00 for a old home phone.

There is  a collection from Dish Network for 98.00 which they turned over to collections.  i tried calling the collection agency to see if I paid in full if they would delete and they said no way.

The last account we have that is a Chase account.  It was turned over to a collection agency though only Chase is reporting on his credit report.  The balance is 2000 we have been making payments of 360.00 a month is there any thing I can send them or anything I can do in order to get this account deleted?

Thanks for all of your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A few questions

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

and What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

Before taking any action for unpaid debt, keep a close eye on your SOL. One tackle an unpaid debt if you are out of SOL or you have the $$$ to PIF. If you cannot PIF if inside SOL, then wait it out.

BofA x2 - send a GW.

I'm not up to date on HIPAA, but I do know it involves communication between you and the OC or you and the CRA. CAs are never included. The premise is that there is a privacy issue. Talking to the CA compromises that and could hurt your chances for removal.

Verizon - send a PFD. It may take many to get them to accept.

Dish Network - send a PFD. Never ever call a CA. Never trust a CA. Keep sending PFDs to Dish if they are reporting. If the CA is reporting, then send a DV to the CA. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD (if reporting).

Chase - send a PFD to Chase.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.