Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few questions.

I have been reading the boards here for a while and they have helped a lot in getting my credit score raised. The question I had was about goodwill letters and who actually has the power to delete lates. I have sent the letters and even made a few calls with no luck. Does just any employee of a credit card company have the ability to do this. Right now Chase and Bank of America are the two I have left for removal and it has been extremely difficult to find a sympathetic person.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: A few questions.

Hi  pkirk93 and Welcome to the forumsSmiley Wink

It's up to each CCC (credit card company) who they give the authority to make that kind of decision.

You said  that you had made phone calls....What I would do is ask... who has the authority to do what is it you want.

Send GW letter to the higher ups in the company. Also change the wording of the letter.

Maybe instead of asking for a delete of lates..ask if they can just not report on that particular month.

May I ask....How long ago were these lates? and how many??  

Also were they 30days,60days or 90days? 

Good luck to you......also glad to have you aboard.Smiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to do the same thing, but with an auto loan... Just talked to them (customer service) and they told me to send the GW to credit dispute dept.... They were pretty nice about it... Wish us luck!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. On each one there is a 30,60 and 90. Each from around 4 years ago. We have other open credit cards through BOA and a car and CC with Chase. None of which have ever been paid late. The acounts that we are trying to get the lates off of have been closed but paid in full.

Message 4 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Since these lates are from 4yrs ago, they are hurting credit score less and less over time.

Also each late will drop off your CR, when it reaches the 7 year mark.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to be applying for a mortgage in Dec. and want them off if possible. I am in the 710 range and my wife in the 680. The hope is that these deletes will push us into the best rates available.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.