cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A fire has been lit. all suggestions welcomed for the final baddie! (CBCS)

tag
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

A fire has been lit. all suggestions welcomed for the final baddie! (CBCS)

First off, we find our from Cap1 today if they will remove the charge offs that are almost set to age off anyways. I sent a hearfelt GW, explaining our circumstances at that tine almost 7 years ago and a woman has gotten back to us that says it "looks" positive and she will have the final answer today.

I have gotten 6 other baddies removed since 2/24. I sent an email today since I am still waiting (patiently) for removal of another one (RJM Acquisitions). It has been over a month.

Baddies removed are:

First Premier (AU account)

Marigold Financial (medical)

Emergency Care Dynamics (medical)

Credit Management (Comcast, which was a mistake I had paid the OC)

RCS Consumer Acquisitions (charged off overdrafts)

Progressive Managment Systems (medical)

I have one left. It is CBCS. I filed a complaint with both the BBB and the Ohio AG last night. I have sent 4 PFD's and a DV, and they haven't responded at all. (I know they don't have to respond to the PFD's)  It is a medical collection. It HAS to come off in order for us to be eligible for a USDA direct loan.

Time is of the essence here. It's 4 years old. Do I contact the OC today and try to work it that way? I'm actually not sure how far they "back date" financial aid at the hospitals, but it's likely we would qualify for that both based on our financial situation then as well as still now. I could also PIF. Is that worth my effort?

We found out last week the house we're renting is on "pre-foreclosure". We have been great tenants and were hoping our landlord would let us stay on a month-to-month basis beyond our lease expiring 7/31. I'm not sure what the time frame on the foreclosure process is going to be, but obviously since we're SO close to being able to qualify for a mortgage (both USDA or FHA) all be darned if I'm going to rent again (especially since it would be VERY hard to find a rental in our price range, there were SEVENTY FIVE applications for this house and we only got it because my husband used to have a working relationship with the realtor)

The rental market here is AWFUL, but it's a great time to buy.

How can I make this baddie go bye-bye?!?!?!?

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lundungurl
New Contributor

Re: A fire has been lit. all suggestions welcomed for the final baddie! (CBCS)

I thought with a USDA loan they are more flexible with credit issues. Will the CBCS be the last thing on your report? It seems like they should forget about it since it's about to drop off anyway. Best of luck to you, I hope they will delete it for you. Cheers

Starting FICO's (9/26/2011) EX 586, EQ 575, TU 584
Goal: 650 across the board
Message 2 of 3
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: A fire has been lit. all suggestions welcomed for the final baddie! (CBCS)

Not if you are a sub 640. You cannot have any unpaid collections within 6 months.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.