Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good card to get revolving credit?

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

A good card to get revolving credit?

Ive mentioned my credit history on here before...I have a student loan, in good standing, but with fairly high balances relative to what's borrowed (though still current)

I also have 3 old CA's on TU and EX and one on EQ.

I have no revovling credit.  I think getting a card will help enhance my score so that I can get a car eventually, which I need.   I was denied for a Delta card about 6 months ago.  I've gotten at least one deletion on TU and Ex since then. 

So what's a good place to apply for a card, a store card or whatever...it doesn't matter to me as long as it reports.  I hear a lot about secured cards but my bank doesn't offer one.  I also am not sure if past chexsystems will affect that (i'm waiting for negatives to drop off there in about 4-6 months).

Are there some stores that are more friendly?  Are there ways to be sure they will report? I feel there is something out there to help, but I don't want to get unnecessary inquiries by applying over and over again.  Please help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: A good card to get revolving credit?

I don't know what your FICO scores are but if you were denied for one of the big cards I would try an easier to get CC.

All of them will probably start off with a small CL but it will help.

Orchard and First Premeir are two of them.  They do have fees associated with the card.

Macy's is an easy to get department store card, also usually with a small limit.

Message 2 of 3
anemo
Contributor

Re: A good card to get revolving credit?

When I came out of my BK, I got a Secured credit card.

Best Cards; Orchard bank or New Millennium;

My Score went form insufficient to 300 to 425 to 510.  You may say that's low but this happen within 6 months with TWO cards.  If I would have gotten other rebuilding tools it wouldve been higher.  I wasn't trying to see any bills AFTER my Chapter 7.

If you use them keep it at 30% 0r 1/3 usage or pay it off every month.  The budget & plan I'm on now will have me debt free within 5 months and credit items reporting 0 zero usage on my credit cards boosting my score up 80 to 150 points by year end.(TO BUY MY HOUSE) Six months is enough time to build credit back up, trust me I know! Not by a 100 points a months but within 6 months saying your score was 400 you can be at 600 or more. 

You say no way? This is how.

As I said after my chapter 7 I got myself a secured credit card, My first limit was $300.  Every pay check I took $400 (One time I put a $1000 on it) and put it on the card to increase my limit.  New M, allows you to get two cards at the same time that can be at a Max of $5000 each.  So if you are right out of bankruptcy or just trying to rebuild and have two cards reporting $4000 and $4900 WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN? NOTHING BUT POSITIVE INFO BOOTING YOUR SCORE!

Some say I can not put that amount of money on a card, its to much. Well Yes you can! Here's how! 

(1)

Say that you have a phone bill to pay that's $100 that you're going to pay anyway from your checking account.  If you have your Secured card PUT that $100 dollars on the card and pay it form there.  That will increase your limit while adding activity on the card.  And when the bill comes 25 days later and that $100 is the balance as I said every extra dime I had I placed on my card and I'm sure you will have extra as well.(Movie money, dinner etc.) that pays the balance.  And remember its 25 days later which you can repeat this process over and over again by putting $100 on the card YOUR first (1st) check paying it off by the third (3) check so in between check 1 & 3 is check (2) which you can add mony to the card as well, THE MONEY GOES INTO A SAVING ACCOUNT (This IS a 30 to 45 days method) Therefore increasing your limit!

This method is working NOW for me as I write this and as you can see my scores are listed at the bottom they are growing and growing all right after filing BK.

My debt now is mine and my wife's(hers really)

If you don't understand this method reply or send me a email and I will give you step by step of what I'm doing.  This is good for rebuilding as well.

ON MY WAY TO BEING DEBT FREE AND JOINING THE 700 CLUB!

Starting Score: 300 TU 300 EX
Current Score: 704 TU EX 700
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.