Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good deal on 3 in 1 credit monitoring

tag
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

A good deal on 3 in 1 credit monitoring

I thought I'd pass this on for anyone who's working on rebuilding their credit and monitoring their scores on a frequent basis.  I looked over the list of 3 in 1 score services compiled by llecs here and though I'd give CCT a try since it allows access to daily scores. Not true FICO scores but it would be another monitoring tool I could use in conjunction with my ScoreWatch account here at myFico.  Since they were offering a $1 7-day trial, it seemed safe enough. I signed up, logged in and looked over my info and it pretty much matched what I have here with some slight variation in scoring.

After thinking about it, however, I decided it was silly to pay them $22 per month in addition to the $15 a month I'm paying myFico and called their customer service number to cancel. When I did, I was offered the same program for $11 per month. I decided to keep it for now to use for daily monitoring conjunction with my myFico account.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case the information might be useful to anyone else.

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A good deal on 3 in 1 credit monitoring

Are you able to pull a daily report during the free trial? I also have the CCT free trial, but it tries to charge me $39.95 if I want a new 3-in-1 report.

My PLUS score is only 17 pts above my FICO score, so it's not too wild a difference.

Message 2 of 5
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

I just signed up today, so I'll let you know tomorrow Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It turns out you CAN'T refresh your credit reports daily with the CreditCheckTotal free trial, but if you call to cancel your free trial and tell them it's because it's too expensive, they will mark it down to $11.95 a month! that's a really good deal for all 3 reports IMO...combined with Scorewatch or the like, it's about the same price as CCT would be with the traditional rate.

Message 4 of 5
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Yep, that's what they did for me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.