Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A greeting and thanks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A greeting and thanks

Hello, All!  Long time listener, first time caller (poster)

I've been aggressively "shaping" my CRs  over the last month after the realization that, since I turn 40 in 17 months, the longer I wait to become a homeowner, the longer I'm likely to have a mortgage into my retirement.  The information on these forums has been priceless in helping me recognize how I can fix CR errors while laying the groundwork for an amazing set of FICO scores, should I ever decide homeownership is the right answer for me. 

Some relevent background - I lost my job in 2007 and went 10 months without work. A combination of no income and taking the ostrich approach to creditors wanting payment, I tanked my credit. As I've dug out the last few years, paying off the last 2 judgments (ostrich . . . NEVER AGAIN), and slowly establishing new lines, I'm to the point where my credit is poised for greatness.

Thanks to information provided in these forums, my FICO TU 8 (provided by barclay) has gone from 650 (1/12/2016) to 705 (3/22/2016)!!!  As I continue to learn from the wealth of info here, I hope to continue to grow to the point where I can help others in turn.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: A greeting and thanks

Congratulations!!  Good for you!  I understand, as I started rebuilding not long ago and used these forums to gain A LOT of knowledge I otherwise would not have had! I started with no credit cards and literally knowing nothing, except being in owed debt.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.