Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little bit of success...

tag
saltlakere
Valued Member

A little bit of success...

Ok, I've been waiting and waiting for Scorewatch to update.  My TU and EX scores expired, so I finally took the plunge and re-ordered. I really only have 5 or 6 baddies I can really do anything about.  I sent 2 PFDs, one was returned wrong address.  The other I haven't heard anything on.  I had one goodwill out, but it doesn't appear anything has happened with it.  I did open a new account with this credit card company and they said if I showed where it reported late they might do something about it.  I haven't done it.

Where I've been really negligent is my student loans.  I have two out there I've defaulted on and really done nothing with.  I finally decided to tackle them.  I called the OC on one and they said they don't deal with it anymore and will remove anything if I dispute it.  I did that for EX and it appears that's gone.  Their collection agency is another story.  The collection agency has a collection agency and they were playing a little rough on doing a rehabilitation.  I told them I was going to call their client for a different perspective.  I did and they were helpful.  When I called back the collection agency, I got VM and am waiting for a call from them.  The irony is delicious...I'm waiting for a collection agency to return my call.  The other student loan I defaulted on agreed to do a rehab and I sent the payment immediately.  No problems.

So I pull my scores, my TU has gone from 566 to 625.  I pulled that one first because I knew it was my worst one.  My EX was better and it went from 618 to 637.  All three of my scores are firmly in the 600 club now!

The other things I've focused on is simply making sure my bills are paid on time and eliminating all credit card debt.  That was one of my New Year's goals and I did it in March.  My util is less than 9%.  One other thing.  I was signed on as an AU on another credit card that is my GFs.  I did not get her payment history, but the CRAs are now tracking those payments, so I have 2 months of payment history now showing.

I just wanted to post this in case anybody was discouraged.  This can be done.  I started reading MyFico in June and have seen some encouraging results in a short time.  I'm also in the mortgage business and suggest all my clients with credit issues come here.

Thanks to everybody who supplies such great credit info!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FreedomTrain
Contributor

Re: A little bit of success...

You said one was returned wrong address. Was that the address you pulled off of the CRA if so DV the CA of course CMRRR. When that comes back that it is non deliverable make a copy of the envelope were it states that then send it to your CRA and tell them that

FCRA requires furnishers of information to report accurately or not at all.

FCRA also states that CRA shall consider proof sent in by consumers. I have enclosed proof that they CA is not reporting accurately, as their address is not correct. This is evidenced by the enclosed verification that my letter to them was returned as "non-deliverable". Please remove account. BY the way if that's not what you meant sorry I took a Ambien and I sleep walking!

Thank You
Think Ahead of Time.......

TU: 590 EX: 521 EQ: 599 08/06/2008
Message 2 of 7
saltlakere
Valued Member

Good idea.  That's exactly what happened.  Trouble is there are 2 addresses listed on the CR, IIRC.  I didn't DV either CA because the debt is mine and I actually want to pay it.  Should I DV the 2nd address and hope for the best?
Message 3 of 7
FreedomTrain
Contributor

If the address is wrong on the CRA than that's not your problem the CA have an obligation just like us and I feel that they stick it to us as much as they can.If it is yours then yes pay it but if you try to pay it and the address is wrong than I personally would DV and go down that route. I am sorry for going on too long but it is really sad that when you make mistakes they put you in a financial hardship for 7.5 years. Hopefully I answered your question if not let me know also there are lot of great people on this forum hopefully they will chime in .
Thank You
Think Ahead of Time.......

TU: 590 EX: 521 EQ: 599 08/06/2008
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask who was the student loan provider that deleted from EX and what was the grounds for your dispute?  I have a student loan in rehab and unsure if there was any way to get a forgiving tl delete from the oc.  Thanks
Message 5 of 7
saltlakere
Valued Member

The OC is Oregon State Scholarship Commission which runs all the state student loan programs now. I called them to work out a payment arrangement and they said they don't even deal with it anymore. They have a collection agency ECMC that handles it. So then I asked why they were still reporting and they said just to dispute it and it would be taken off. I just said it wasn't mine in the dispute and it was removed. I still need to do that with another CRA. One of my problems is I confused the two loans I had and their collectors. ECMC has passed it off to another collector, Van Ru, who is the one not returning my calls.
Message 6 of 7
saltlakere
Valued Member

I want to give another update.  To whoever said LVNV will not dispute a disputed paid for collection, you are absolutely right.  I did the online dispute for EX and they took it right off.  They also removed the report from the student loan.  My EX has gone from 612 to 657 since July.  I'm in the process of disputing these two with the other CRAs that still have it.

These board have been great.  When I started in July my mid score was 588.  It's now 625 through a different CRA.  TU went from 566 to 625.  EQ went from 588 to 612.

Thanks again to everybody.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.