Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A message of hope and gratitude

tag
Tdbremer
Established Member

A message of hope and gratitude

In January, me and my husband's scores were 520's.  Today we met with our lender and he pulled a mid score for my husband of 669.  We sold our home and are in escrow on a bigger and nicer home!  My scores are low 600's so my husband is the only one on the new home loan but we qualified for the amount we wanted with just his income.  I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone in the rebuilding forum.  Without this site, who knows where we would be today.  I spent countless hours reading and educating myself on how to clean up the mess.  We have 4 5-figure credit cards, refinanced our cars at 2.49% and now a new home loan!  To those out there struggling, DO NOT GIVE UP!!!  Never take no for an answer and give each day new hope to be better!  You will get there and the journey is SO worth it!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: A message of hope and gratitude

Thank you for posting this. Recovery and rebuild can be a long process. It is knowing the outcomes like this that keep many of us focused

Message 2 of 9
sisyphuswins
Contributor

Congratulations!    News like this gives me renewed hope and energy to keep fighting the good fight.

Starting Score (6/30/14): Credit Karma 619; Quizzle 656
Current Score (4/3/2015): TU 741; EQ 718; EX 671; FICO 8 Bankcard 730
Goal Score: 800 (aim high!!)

Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Tdbremer wrote:

In January, me and my husband's scores were 520's.  Today we met with our lender and he pulled a mid score for my husband of 669.  We sold our home and are in escrow on a bigger and nicer home!  My scores are low 600's so my husband is the only one on the new home loan but we qualified for the amount we wanted with just his income.  I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone in the rebuilding forum.  Without this site, who knows where we would be today.  I spent countless hours reading and educating myself on how to clean up the mess.  We have 4 5-figure credit cards, refinanced our cars at 2.49% and now a new home loan!  To those out there struggling, DO NOT GIVE UP!!!  Never take no for an answer and give each day new hope to be better!  You will get there and the journey is SO worth it!

Fantastic, grats to your continued success and your new home Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and glad to hear things are going well! I really love hearing good success stories like this. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I remember you!

Congrats on the new house! 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 9
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!!! Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.