Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nice Bill Collector story

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

A nice Bill Collector story

Try to keep this short, but I was trying to clear up my last fe baddies and got tired of the results I was getting from disputing with the credit CA's so I did ALOT of reading here and was very careful of my verbage, and just called them.

Two were old medical bills and one was an old TU electric bill.

I started with the medical the woman started off being a snob, but through some kind words and respect, I turned her around, and she was talking about her kids before it was over.

She looked and looked and could not find my records. I gave her the fin report and poof, she said they would remove them.

Next up TU, again not a very pleasant individual, but refered me to the CU. So I called again and got a snobby guy, and again, I was able to win him over stating that my ex ole lady ran the bill up after I left the house and was divorced. (Which is the truth). He went on to say how bad he had been taken to the cleaners after his divorce LOL

Anyways he said that it was due to fall off in 2 months and that if I would pay $10.00 he would settle the account in full, incase I ever wanted to to get a mortage for over $150,000 grand.

So all in all, I would say a good day with the collection guys, as unusual as it seems Smiley Happy

Maybe the leason to be learned is try and leave your anger off the phone and treat these poor schmucks like human beings, it tends to work most of the time

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: A nice Bill Collector story

You're right, people dont want to hear about your problems, they want to tell you about theirs.

Just be a good listener and before  you know it, your their BFF.

Everyone has something they want to talk about, whether it's happy or sad about family,boss or the ex.,but most of all they want to talk about is about them.Good story thanks for the postSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.