cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pretty much expected response from FirstPREMIER. Ugh.

tag
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

A pretty much expected response from FirstPREMIER. Ugh.

Finally got a response from FirstPREMIER today regarding my PFD request. I can't say I'm surprised by the response, but it still sucks. Basically, they refuse to delete anything that's valid, saying that it's a "strict practice to not delete accurate information from credit reports." 

Should I send another or should I just start paying this off and let it show as a paid CO? Has anyone had any luck getting them to PFD? 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: A pretty much expected response from FirstPREMIER. Ugh.

You might attempt a call directly to someone in upper management if you have a solid basis for requesting an exception from their normal policy.

Underlings rarely have autority to deviate from their normal policy directives.

What is the DOFD on the debt, how much is the debt, and what is the SOL in your state?

Message 2 of 3
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

Re: A pretty much expected response from FirstPREMIER. Ugh.

@RobertEG wrote:

You might attempt a call directly to someone in upper management if you have a solid basis for requesting an exception from their normal policy.

Underlings rarely have autority to deviate from their normal policy directives.

What is the DOFD on the debt, how much is the debt, and what is the SOL in your state?

DOFD is 11/01/2014, I believe, so it's relatively recent. Debt is $873 and SOL here is 6 years. I'll see if I can go up the chain of command a bit, but it may be too new of a debt for them to really do anything about it, which is how I expected it to play out. In their response, though, they also said they've requested for the credit bureaus to mark this account as "disputed," and that "you indicated that the account may not be yours," which is absurd. I never claimed the debt wasn't valid or mine. 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.