Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about FICO scores

tag
Ineedaname
Valued Member

A question about FICO scores

Hi all, as you can see from the number of posts I have, I'm am very new to all of this.

On April 23, I had my credit report pulled by a bank.  My scores were (I think, it's early) 589, 599 and 612.  This morning I signed up for score watch and my score was 644.  My question is:  How is that possible?  Since that time I haven't resolved any of my credit issues.

Any guidance on how this is all done would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A question about FICO scores

Would have to see the CRs to compare if there were any changes.  Also could be difference between FICO 04 vs 08.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Good morning, and welcome to the forum! You will learn very quickly that there are tons of different scoring modules, and it can get very confusing. Try not to focus on the numbers right now if you can and focus more on what's on your credit report instead....Good luck to you!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 3 of 5
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@Ineedaname wrote:

Hi all, as you can see from the number of posts I have, I'm am very new to all of this.

On April 23, I had my credit report pulled by a bank.  My scores were (I think, it's early) 589, 599 and 612.  This morning I signed up for score watch and my score was 644.  My question is:  How is that possible?  Since that time I haven't resolved any of my credit issues.

Any guidance on how this is all done would be appreciated.  Thanks!

No one can be absolutely sure as to the differences, but Fico recently changed the Equifax scoring model from the 2004 version to the 2008 version and many individuals, including myself, have seen score increases.   Because of the conversion to a newer scoring model, two days ago my Equifax score increased 30 points. I would guess that this is the reason for the score change.

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 4 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

They are just different. Mortgage-lender pulled scores are the only scores that matter if you are applying for a mortgage. I have no idea what one would use scores from other sources for but I suggest ignoring all of them for mortgage application purposes.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.