Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question regarding First Premier and Equifax

tag
sassyj9374
Established Member

A question regarding First Premier and Equifax

Hey y'all,

I'm somewhat new here. I have a question. I have a First Premier that was I opened in November 2009, charged off  in 2010 and I paid the debt back in 2011. On my EQ report it is reporting that I defaulted in December 2009 and there's an added 60 days late for December 09, 90 days for January 2010and 120 for February 2010. Both EX and TU are reporting the debt as "paid charge off" no lates. My question is, should I dispute this with Equifax the inaccurate lates (you can't be 60 days late when the account was only opened 30 days prior). I don't want it to mess up my other reports. I just want them all to be the same. Advice much appreciated!!

Thanks~ sassyj9374

NFCU nREWARDS~ $2500
NavCheck~ $2000
NFCU cash rewards ~$1500
Cap1~ $500
VS ~$350
Cap 1 (sc)~ $300
Walmart $300
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: A question regarding First Premier and Equifax

The progression of lates followed by a charge-off is apparently correct except for their specific months of occurence.

You could dispute, but the difference may not be that significant is scoring of the lates, as the later CO is haing the more significant scoring impact.

If the account was opened in 11/2009, then I presume their first billing stattement was sent in 12/2009, with a billing due date of 1/2010.

Thus, the date of first delinquency, if late in payment of the first bill, would be 1/2010.  However, that would not become a reportable 30-late until 30 days after the billing due date, which would be 2/2010.

Thus, the correct dates would be a DOFD of 1/2010, with a 30-late reportable of 2/2010, a 60-late of 3/2010, etc.

They are apparently off by three months.

Up to you whether worth disputing the dates of the monthly delinquencies.

The more significant issue, in my opinion, may be the reported DOFD, which will govern its ultimate CR exclsion in 7 yrs plus 180 days.

Message 2 of 3
sassyj9374
Established Member

Re: A question regarding First Premier and Equifax

Thanks RobertEG. I guess i'm not so much worried about the scoring aspect seeing  I am currently in rebuild mode. I more psitive tradelines on my reports than this one, but this is the only one that is reporting incorrectly. Not sure if I want to stir the pot or just let it simmer. I'm adraid that if I dispute it will cause a chain reaction on my other reports and cause them to look at those too. I'll think about it before I do anything. Thank you for your response. smileywink:

NFCU nREWARDS~ $2500
NavCheck~ $2000
NFCU cash rewards ~$1500
Cap1~ $500
VS ~$350
Cap 1 (sc)~ $300
Walmart $300
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.