Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAC entry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAC entry?

There is one entry on my credit report that confuses me. It is listed under the installment section as "AAC". AAC is apparently a collection agency that had my Bank of Marin account at one time. Bank of Marin, the OC, is not listed anywhere. In the collections section, there is a listing for Asset Acceptance. That is the agency  that has called, sent letters, etc and that I ultimately made payment arrangements through (now paid). The Asset Acceptance listing (CA) has been updated to "paid" but the AAC (under installment, but not the OC or the current CA) is still listed as "derogatory".

Should that be on the listing in duplicate since AAC is neither the original creditor (Bank of Marin) or the current collecting agency? If not, what should I use to dispute that?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAC entry?

Anyone have any ideas about where I could go to get this question answered?

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Could AAC possibly stand for Asset Acceptance Corporation? I don't know I'm just wondering out loud.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that's what has happened and that it is a duplicate reporting, but there's no other information to verify that. There isn't contact information for AAC listed. It definitely isn't the current collection agency (or if it is, it's listed twice, which doesn't seem fair) or the original creditor.

What's the best way to go about clarifying this?

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

You didn't say where you got your report but reports from third party sites often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com you might find out more details about this company.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.