Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAOA Question

tag
JennaD075
Contributor

AAOA Question

Something I read on another thread got me curious.  On AAOA it still counts even if you close the card? If you have 3 cards all opened at the same time and close 1 all 3 will still average into your AAOA? I thought only open account average into this?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AAOA Question

@JennaD075 wrote:

Something I read on another thread got me curious.  On AAOA it still counts even if you close the card? If you have 3 cards all opened at the same time and close 1 all 3 will still average into your AAOA? I thought only open account average into this?

Thank you!

Fico score AAoA takes into consideration all OC accounts listed in your reports (open & closed), yes good closed accounts continue to help you with AAoA as they remain on file for up to 10 years post close.

Where you are getting that only open accounts average into this is with a few FAKOS the TU New Accounts model is one (Credit Karma & MPM scores) use AAoOA which is average age of open accounts...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.