Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA and deletions

tag
bman86
Regular Contributor

Re: AAoA and deletions

Just to clarify does the 7 years start from the date of the first delinquency?
Message 11 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

AAoA of your accounts can have a massive affect on your score. Example my EQ file is thick. Once this year already they bumped 9 closed accounts all under 10 years off my report. Score dropped 29 points. Finally got them put back on. Got 29 points back. Well this Wednesday I go in for a home loan. Checked my score here last Thursday. Boom down 36 points. Dropped me below 680. Only change one 6 year old medical collection deleted and once again nine accounts gone. I'm praying Dorthy at EQ can come to my rescue. Sad part is if they choose not to help there is nothing I can do. There is no law that requires them to keep closed positive accounts reporting. One other thing is it took my oldest account from 16 years to 8 and the AAoA from 11 to 5 years.

Message 13 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is true that having your two oldest TL removed will affect AAoA.  But, since they are COs, I think the bump from getting those removed, if that happens, would at a minimum, even out the score so it doesn't go up or down.

Plus it would be a clean report.

However, if the OC is willing to remove all the negative information, that would be best.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.