Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACB American-MACYS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ACB American-MACYS

keep in mind that they are listing my reinstatement as a charge off after default and a new card.  Try to do a PFD (Which I didn't) and a reissue.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msdraglox wrote:

Macys is reporting on my credit as bad debt/collection for the full $1453 as the balance. I guess they sold it to ACB? but they are not reporting so I dont know if I should deal with them for a PFD or Macys. 

If Macy's is reporting a balance then they still own the account. If it was written off and sold then they would be reporting a $0 balance. From what I could find out about ACB American they are an outsource for collections services. They were probably contracted by Macy's to collect for them as opposed to having purchased the debt from Macy's.

CB

Message 12 of 15
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

So should I try and PFD with ACB? this account was suppose to be closed since I already have another account with macys that is active, they wont accept a dispute since it is over 60days old, they claim that the last acivity was back in 2004-ish and the fall off date is in 2012.
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msdraglox wrote:
So should I try and PFD with ACB? this account was suppose to be closed since I already have another account with macys that is active, they wont accept a dispute since it is over 60days old, they claim that the last acivity was back in 2004-ish and the fall off date is in 2012.

If you have the money to PIF I would. ACB cannot enter into a PFD because they do not own the debt. Once paid you can contact Macy's, who owns the account.

I have heard of Macy's offering to rehab accounts once paid in full but I have no personal experience with this. Perhaps some Macy's card holders who have been through the process can advise better.

CB

Message 14 of 15
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

HELP ACB American-MACYS

So I really need advice on this account, I was going back through the letter and I notice that it is due to fall off on May 2011 (next year), but the credit bureaus are listing it as due to fall off in May 2012. I have three possible scenarios that I am desperately seeking advice for:

1. Offer the ACB American (CA that is not reporting but Macys insists has the account) a PFD

2. Dispute with the credit bureaus on the incorrect date of delinquency

3. Do nothing and let it fall off next year

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.