Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT STATUS on Credit Reports

tag
coffeepleeze
New Contributor

ACCOUNT STATUS on Credit Reports

I had 3 CO'S between 2009 & 2011.  Experian updated the ACCOUNT STATUS to read CLOSED instead of CHARGED OFF and the PAYMENT STATUS to read PAID.  TU update similarly on 2 of 3.  How do I dispute EQ for them to update the same?  On my TU trimerge reports, the EX & TU CONDITION reads PAID and the EQ reads DEROGATORY.  I realize that any charge off or collection is deragatory but the ACCOUNT STATUS technically shouldnt be CHARGE OFF any longer since the accurate STATUS is closed and paid.  Any thoughts??    

Starting Score: 05/30/13 EXP 597, EQ FICO 605, TU 609
Current Score : 09/06/13 EXP 610, EQ FICO 635, TU 678

Lender Scores: 08/09/13 EXP 643, EQ FICO 629, TU 685

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: ACCOUNT STATUS on Credit Reports

It is still a CO and will always be a CO.  Current account status would be paid after CO or something similar.

It isn't affecting your score to have it the way it is.

Message 2 of 4
coffeepleeze
New Contributor

Thanks Guiness - just looking for anyway possible to reduce the negative implications of my negatives.  Experian actually has them listed as Paid & Closed and with the charge off note only in the comments and it's not "red flagged" as a negative so hoping for the others to update accordingly.  Still working on GW requests so theres still hope Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 05/30/13 EXP 597, EQ FICO 605, TU 609
Current Score : 09/06/13 EXP 610, EQ FICO 635, TU 678

Lender Scores: 08/09/13 EXP 643, EQ FICO 629, TU 685

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@coffeepleeze wrote:

Thanks Guiness - just looking for anyway possible to reduce the negative implications of my negatives.  Experian actually has them listed as Paid & Closed and with the charge off note only in the comments and it's not "red flagged" as a negative so hoping for the others to update accordingly.  Still working on GW requests so theres still hope Smiley Wink

If there is a CO mentioned anywhere in the TL, it is still scored as such by FICO.  FICO also scores the comments.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.