Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT UPDATED FROM "CHARGE OFF": TO " INCLD IN BK" DECREASED SCORE

tag
yoyo
Established Contributor

ACCOUNT UPDATED FROM "CHARGE OFF": TO " INCLD IN BK" DECREASED SCORE

***I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED...Ordered 7 day trail and one of my charge off accounts was updated to " included in BK".  Per Experian this is a recent delinquency.

Updated 9/1/2015.  This should have been done 4/2014....and I dispute this?  This took off 23 points off my Exp Fico from 663 to 640

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ACCOUNT UPDATED FROM "CHARGE OFF": TO " INCLD IN BK" DECREASED SCORE

@yoyo wrote:

***I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED...Ordered 7 day trail and one of my charge off accounts was updated to " included in BK".  Per Experian this is a recent delinquency.

Updated 9/1/2015.  This should have been done 4/2014....and I dispute this?  This took off 23 points off my Exp Fico from 663 to 640

It cannot be disputed it would be factual that it was updated now and not in 2014. If you didnt have a BK then you can dispute that you never filed then it would go back to a CO with current date,

Message 2 of 6
yoyo
Established Contributor

Isn't this re-aging? This should have been updated...why should I suffer if they didn't updated on time?

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What specifically was updated?  Was it only the current account status?

When an account is delinquent, that continues to be its current status until the debt is discharged, either by way of its payment, cancellation by the creditor, or discharge due to BK.  The account is thereafter no longer delinquent, and the current status should be updated.

However, the showing of the CO would be retained under payment history and a separate code called the Payment Rating.

Is the contested update referring only to the current status?

If it has now been updated, there is no longer any inaccuracy.

The fact that it was previously inaccurate is no longer relevant to credit reporting, as it is wate over the proverbial dam.

Having previously had inaccurate reporting in your file is not per se a violation of the FCRA, and there is simply no way to reverse any prior period of inaccuracy.

I suppose you could, if you feel that you suffered harm from that period of inaccurate reporting and had evidence that they willingly or negligently misreported, then you could consider civil action uner FCRA 616 or 617, but willful or negiigent misreporting would be a bear to prove.

Regardless, there is no admin remedy by was of dispute under the FCRA if it is now accurate.

Message 4 of 6
yoyo
Established Contributor

Hello.... went from charge off to incld in bk... ive read several sites,,,some of what you've stated...23 points is crazy with a new negative mark? Ill call experian in the am will let i know what happens
Message 5 of 6
yoyo
Established Contributor

Really...I have to be a paying customer to talk to a rep about my score??? REally???? They said I can't during my trail period.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.