cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACI/Cavalry reporting KD each month even though I have a pay agreement.

tag
thatguy1
Contributor

ACI/Cavalry reporting KD each month even though I have a pay agreement.

Every month I take a little score hit because American Coradius International/Cavalry Portfolio Service for HSBC Bank Nevada report a KD (Key Derogatory) even though I have a payment agreement for $50 a month that I have stayed current on. Can they do this?

The balance is down to 1K so it will probably be paid off in the next month. These guys and Midland are my only two baddies with a balance... can't wait to have them gone or at least paid off.

$15,400 - $1400 Just Unsecured- $10500 - $2300
123 Rewards AU $1500 - BofA AU $2300 - Discover It AU $7200 - Discover It AU $8000
~505 EQ in Jan of 13, now at EQ 690 / TU 674 / EX 681 according to myFICO.com.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: ACI/Cavalry reporting KD each month even though I have a pay agreement.

@thatguy1 wrote:

Every month I take a little score hit because American Coradius International/Cavalry Portfolio Service for HSBC Bank Nevada report a KD (Key Derogatory) even though I have a payment agreement for $50 a month that I have stayed current on. Can they do this?

The balance is down to 1K so it will probably be paid off in the next month. These guys and Midland are my only two baddies with a balance... can't wait to have them gone or at least paid off.

Yes they can until the CA is paid in full. 

Message 2 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I think I may have dealt with Cavalry Portfolio years ago.  I am pretty sure they will agree to delete once the balance is paid.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 6
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@thatguy1 wrote:

I dealt with Cavalry several years back.  When they first contacted me, I was able to negotiate a settlement (3 installment payments) removal from credit report.  Once the $$ was paid, I received a letter confirming the account was settled in full and thereafter they removed the account from my report.

Message 4 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

+1 09 Lexie. Even if you are making monthly payments on an item but are not paying their monthly required minimum and fees, they can  report you as late. Technically, you are in default for not performing to the minimum payment threshold. That is how I gathered my consecutive lates on my closed credit card. 

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, it depends.  I'm assuming that the KD you are seeing is on EX, because that's who does that.  Now, Calvary is a CA, so they can't post monthly lates.  You're pulling a 3rd party CR, so I'm sure that it's just actuallys showing a collection.  If it were to be showing monthly lates, it would be incorrect.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.