Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACI/PayPal. Issue resolved in my favor--still says I owe

tag
jritch
New Contributor

ACI/PayPal. Issue resolved in my favor--still says I owe

Hi all,

Recieved a letter from ACI collections saying I ower $1,300 to Paypal. It was an incident that a buyer said they never recieved item, but I provided all proof that I did everything right, ultimately resolving the issue in my favor. I have email proof saying such.

However, the buyer was able to open up the case, but I still won. 3 months later got a letter from ACI that I owe PayPal. No idea why and Paypal isnt commenting on the debt.

Is it as simple of just sending that Proof of resolvement to them to stop any collection process? Also, does ACI report to CRA's?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: ACI/PayPal. Issue resolved in my favor--still says I owe

I had an issue with paypal years ago, can't remember who the CRA was, but it never hit my CR.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: ACI/PayPal. Issue resolved in my favor--still says I owe

You should send them a debt validation (DV) request under FDCPA 809(b).

That will, provided it is sent within 30 days of their collection ("dunning") notice, impose a cease collection bar on them, which will remain in effect until they first send you the requested validation.

I would include your proofs of lack of any debt in your DV request, which will then become part of the record upon which they must investigate the legitimacy of the debt.

If they choose to reach a determination, nothwithstanding the proofs you provide, that they debt is valid, you can then contest their validation via civil action.  If they do report to a CRA, then you can first dispute the accuracy of their reporting, and then bring civil action should they verifty the accuracy of their reporting.

Bottom line is that they should be careful in verification of the debt if you provide clear proof that it is not valid.

Those proofs will provide basis for civil action, and possible damages should the court find their validation to be unreasonable.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.