Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACK!!! New CA letter today for a medical bill I paid

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

ACK!!! New CA letter today for a medical bill I paid

Trip to the ER, paid my $150 copay, got home middle of the night to a message that they had credited my pmt to someone else's account.  Sure enough, there is someone else's name on my receipt, but MY debit card number.  Don't worry, we'll take care of it, blah, blah, blah.  Got a bill.  Had more issues with the hospital post-op and wrote a letter outlining several HIPAA violations, including this one, as well as a malpractice piece.  Told them to take care of the fixing the $150, sent a copy of my receipt in the other person's name along with my debit card (all but last 4 digits blacked out). Also told them to wipe off the post-op bill or I'd get an attorney.  I got the CA for the $150 today and I'm pretty sure the calls I got yesterday were for the post-op bill.  I don't need this when I'm 6 months out from wanting to USDA a house!!! Darnit!

Should I send the CA the same copy of the receipt/debit card I have in dispute?

UPDATE: I got a call from this CA today and spoke (kindly) with the person, explaining.  He said that the notes on the account do, indeed, say that the hospital bungled the payment so no one at the CA could figure out why they had it.  His supervisor put the account "on hold" until I can get with the hospital and have them sort it out since it was "never fixed".  I feel better about that, anyway!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.