Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS Advice Again

tag
ciacbw
Valued Member

ACS Advice Again

I asked about ACS advice before but now I am more confused. Back in 2011 I had 120 late when forebearnce ended. I screwed up and didnt pay attention. It never did and still isnt showing up on EX. It was reporting on EQ as ACS/Nelnet and ACS/Ceigis. I disputed it that it was double reporting and now EQ shows all clear for ACS Nellnet and ACS/Ceigis is deleted. But on the most recent pull TU is still showing the 2011 late with ACS/Nelnet once and now a ACS/Wells Fargo is showing 4 lates for end of 2010. Last pull TU jumped up to 676 , EX 701 and EQ 662. Should I leave well enough alone or try to dispute the TU since its the same loan double reporting. Also Nelnet took over in 2006 and I never saw anything from wells in the mail. I don't want to mess anything up I just got my UTI from 76% to 18% and am expecting another raise in my score. Any advice would be most appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: ACS Advice Again

Did you receive a formal notice of results of reinvestigation from the CRA with respect to your prior dispute, or did the creditor simply delete prior to resolution of the dispute?

The distinction in how to proceed is whether the creditor simply deleted to avoid any further response back to the CRA in the dispute process, or whether the dispute process was concluded by deletion by the CRA based on lack of verification by the creditor.

Do you have a copy of the prior Notice of Results of Reinvestigation?

Message 2 of 6
ciacbw
Valued Member

Thank you! Yes I received a letter from Equifax . It was a results of re investigation response letter. They said ACS/Nelnet historical data updated and ACS/Ceigis trade line deleted

Message 3 of 6
ciacbw
Valued Member

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

utilization is not affected by installment loan defaults or balances, its only calc on revolving debts.  GW letters is the way to ask for removal of the lates, disputing just muddies the watters and you dont want to dispute valid entries anyway.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 5 of 6
ciacbw
Valued Member

thank you

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.