Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS INC Debt Collectors or Scam?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ACS INC Debt Collectors or Scam?

I'm sorry you got scammed. It's unfortunate you're out any money, but a $200 lesson is easier to learn than a $4000 one.

My general rule of thumb: anytime what is clearly an automated message contains numerous misspellings, it's bull.

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten the very same message.  When i request more info they hang up on me

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one too! Here's my email.

Case File #: ACS/15-RK0505SZ; Subject - Lawsuit.

Balance Amount: $930.52

Case File Transferred to ACS: - May 2015

Dear Customer,

Having checked your Social Security Number through our National Checking Database System, and finding out that you have been never charged for a fraud activity, ACS has decided to give you a chance to take care of this issue outside of the Court without you having a report on your Credit History and SSN. In order to avoid a lawsuit of $2873.81 against you, we request you to kindly pay the Court Restitution Amount which is $630.52. If you settle this matter today, you may be entitled to get some percentage of deduction on the restitution amount. You will have to send us a promissory note in order to hold your case file from being sent to the court house. On a case to case basis, you may be given the solution to pay 45-55% of the pending amount in the same month & a 30 days extension to settle the rest of the settlement amount as mutually agreed.

As we were unable to reach you so we are sending you this final notification through email. This legal matter will require your cooperation, so kindly get in touch with the department to make a payment and freeze down this case.

As you are a defaulter on this credit, the following counts are likely to be represented against you at local County Courthouse:

(1) VIOLATION OF FEDERAL BANKING REGULATION

(2) COLLATERAL CHECK FRAUD

(3) THEFT BY DECEPTION

Once the court action is initiated and a Judgment / Decree against you to recover the balance amount with the cost of law suit is received, we may need to ask the court to give one of the following order, should the debt remains unpaid:-

• Attachment of Earnings base (Earnings Arrestment). Deduction from your wage by your employer or arrestment of part of your salary to satisfy the debt.
• Warrant of Execution (Exceptional Attachment Order). Seizure and sale of movable non-essential assets / property by a County Court Bailiff /Sheriff Officer.

If you are under any state probation or payroll we need you to inform your reporting officer or manager about what you have done in the past and what would be the consequences once the case has been downloaded and executed in your name. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours of the date on this letter, we will be compelled to seek legal representation .We reserve the right to begin litigation for intent to commit wire fraud under the pretense of refusing to repay a debt committed to, by use of the internet and your SSN. In addition we reserve the right to seek recovery for the balance due, as well as legal fees and any court cost incurred.

The Factual Basis for the complaints are as follows:

You accepted to return the funds from this aforementioned pending loan.

And as per the agreement the funds have yet to be returned and the collateral has proven to be null that is to say of no value.

At present, ACS INC is seeking either of the following remedies:-
All funds to be returned as per terms of initial contract.

Dear debtor, as we were investigating your profile credit bureau & social security administration we need some right answers from your side. Also we would like to know when you can pay the requested $964.52 to settle this case.

To resolve this issue contact us during the working hours Monday to Friday 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM EDT on +1- 951-398-0006 or reply back to this email to get in touch with the representative.

NOTE: THIS CASE IS UNDER INVESTIGATION WITH MAJOR CREDIT BUREAUS.

Yours sincerely
Collections & Legal Department
ACS Inc © 2015 | | Terms of Use | Careers | Complaints | Privacy Policy
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the crap I just received too. I haven't even bothered to call. But now I think I will after reading these comments.

Case No: 231104D

Balance Amount:  $965.75

Case File Transferred to ACS: - April 2015

Dear Customer,

Having checked your Social Security Number through our National Checking Database System, and finding out that you have been never charged for a fraud activity, A.C.S has decided to give you a chance to take care of this issue outside of the Court without you having a report on your Credit History and SSN. In order to avoid a lawsuit of $3873.81 against you, we request you to kindly pay the Court Restitution Amount which is $965.75. If you settle this matter today, you may be entitled to get some percentage of deduction on the restitution amount. You will have to send us a promissory note in order to hold your case file from being sent to the court house. On a case to case basis, you may be given the solution to pay 45-55% of the pending amount in the same month & a 30 days extension to settle the rest of the settlement amount as mutually agreed.

As we were unable to reach you so we are sending you this final notification through email. This legal matter will require your cooperation, so kindly get in touch with the department to make a payment and freeze down this case. 

As you are a defaulter on this credit, the following counts are likely to be represented against you at local County Courthouse:

(1)       VIOLATION OF FEDERAL BANKING REGULATION

(2)       COLLATERAL CHECK FRAUD

(3)       THEFT BY DECEPTION

Once the court action is initiated and a Judgment / Decree  against you to recover the balance amount with the cost of law suit is received, we may need to ask the court to give one of the following order, should the debt remains unpaid:-

• Attachment of Earnings base (Earnings Arrestment). Deduction from your wage by your employer or arrestment of part of your salary to satisfy the debt.
  • Warrant of Execution (Exceptional Attachment Order). Seizure and sale of movable non-essential assets / property by a County Court Bailiff /Sheriff Officer.

If you are under any state probation or payroll we need you to inform your reporting officer or manager about what you have done in the past and what would be the consequences once the case has been downloaded and executed in your name. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours of the date on this letter, we will be compelled to seek legal representation .We reserve the right to begin litigation for intent to commit wire fraud under the pretense of refusing to repay a debt committed to, by use of the internet and your SSN. In addition we reserve the right to seek recovery for the balance due, as well as legal fees and any court cost incurred.

The Factual Basis for the complaints is as follows: 

And as per the agreement the funds have yet to be returned and the collateral has proven to be null that is to say of no value.

All fund to be returned as per terms of initial contract.

Dear debtor, as we were investigating your profile credit bureau & social security administration we need some right answers from your side. Also we would like to know when you can pay the requested $965.75 to settle this case.

To resolve this issue contact us during the working hours Monday to Friday 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM EDT on 719 315 0007 or reply back to this email to get in touch with the representative.

Yours sincerely

ACS Inc © 2015  |  | Terms of Use | Careers | Complaints |  Privacy Policy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confidentiality Statement & Notice: This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, re transmission, dissemination to unauthorized persons or other use of the original message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to the above-referenced sender about the error and permanently delete this message. Thank you for your co-operation.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the crap I just received too. I haven't even bothered to call. But now I think I will after reading these comments.

Case No: 231104D

Balance Amount:  $965.75

Case File Transferred to ACS: - April 2015

Dear Customer,

Having checked your Social Security Number through our National Checking Database System, and finding out that you have been never charged for a fraud activity, A.C.S has decided to give you a chance to take care of this issue outside of the Court without you having a report on your Credit History and SSN. In order to avoid a lawsuit of $3873.81 against you, we request you to kindly pay the Court Restitution Amount which is $965.75. If you settle this matter today, you may be entitled to get some percentage of deduction on the restitution amount. You will have to send us a promissory note in order to hold your case file from being sent to the court house. On a case to case basis, you may be given the solution to pay 45-55% of the pending amount in the same month & a 30 days extension to settle the rest of the settlement amount as mutually agreed.

(1)       VIOLATION OF FEDERAL BANKING REGULATION

(2)       COLLATERAL CHECK FRAUD

(3)       THEFT BY DECEPTION

Once the court action is initiated and a Judgment / Decree  against you to recover the balance amount with the cost of law suit is received, we may need to ask the court to give one of the following order, should the debt remains unpaid:-

The Factual Basis for the complaints is as follows: 

All fund to be returned as per terms of initial contract.

Dear debtor, as we were investigating your profile credit bureau & social security administration we need some right answers from your side. Also we would like to know when you can pay the requested $965.75 to settle this case.

To resolve this issue contact us during the working hours Monday to Friday 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM EDT on 719 315 0007 or reply back to this email to get in touch with the representative.

Yours sincerely

ACS Inc © 2015  |  | Terms of Use | Careers | Complaints |  Privacy Policy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confidentiality Statement & Notice: This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, re transmission, dissemination to unauthorized persons or other use of the original message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to the above-referenced sender about the error and permanently delete this message. Thank you for your co-operation.

This is a scam. I'd advise against you contacting them because once they know they've reached someone "real" they won't stop contacting you.

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed ^^^  Contacting them would be quite pointless. They are scammers and they certainly are not going to provide you with any useful information regarding their whereabouts, so you can pursue them legally. You'll simply be wasting your time and opening yourself up to annoying phone calls from them.

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the same one today but my name was there so this is a scam i do owe an old payday  loan but it was just weird how they wanted me to pay by i tunes card

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's a scam. You will not receive emails about a debt unless you initiated it. The wording and grammar are funny and a real place will not ask you to load a card or send western union.
Message 28 of 36
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good to keep people aware of these things. There is no way for anyone to know without others supplying this info. Thanks for the data.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them a email back saying that i was going to have a lawyer take a look at this because i thought this was a scam and did not hear a thing back 

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.