Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS Runaround What Next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ACS Runaround What Next?

I called ACS in early January regarding a 60 and 90 day lates they showed in early 2014 and confirmed with the rep at the time I called that I was in deferment at that time and he stated he would send a letter to the CB's to have the lates removed and that I would recieve confirmation via mail within 30 days. Well, 30 days elapsed so I called back and spoke to a rep who confirmed my call on January 6th and stated the letter had been sent but it can take up to 45 days to hear back so try then. So, I called this week and was informed that in fact my original call had initiated a dispute with their credit reporting department, despite the fact that the rep at that time had stated he could see I was correct and was sending a letter to the CB's to have the lates removed. I was informed they had 45 days to respond which is up tomorrow. I'm frustrated by the runaround I've gotten but, the fact that they were still "processing" my dispute leads me to believe that I will be vindicated in the end. Given their preformance so far, I suspect that when I call next week, despite the 45 day window being up, they will not report to the CB's that the lates need to be removed. So, my question is, what is my next step? If I had known I was inititing a dispute, I would've done so through the CB's not by calling ACS directly, I'm concerned that I will now have to simply start the dispute process from ground zero with the CB's and essentially I've given ACS 90 days to repond to a dispute. Guess I'm venting a little because I'm so frustrated that they had told me the lates were being removed and I'm now realizing that they may have just been giving me the runaround... 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ACS Runaround What Next?

If you were in deferrment file complaint with the CFPB. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.