Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD ASTRA RECOVERY SERVICES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AD ASTRA RECOVERY SERVICES

Does anyone have any recent experience with PFD through these guys?  The forum search pulls most recent posts at around October '16.  I have worked valiently on my own on my collections just through lurking this board and had 5/6 collectiions removed last month alone from disputing.

Unfortunatly, this is my largest balance at $1,240.  Research shows they will only do a PFD if I offer to pay in full.

Just looking for some back and forth conversation from people who have delt with these guys.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Re: AD ASTRA RECOVERY SERVICES

How old is the debt? Have you talked to a rep? Some have had success with a PFD others have not. I imagine if you're courteous and honest they won't deny your request and would love taking your money. Be very clear about wanting a PFD and not a PIF.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The debt originated in 2014.  Haven't talked to a rep yet and its the one thing on my report I didn't dispute.  I'd love to work something out but am just trying to do my research so I can be prepared.  I'm only 1 month into a re-build so i'm just scratching the surface

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a pay day loan with Speedy Cash about 2 years ago. Just recently around August 2nd, a collection from AD Astra Recovery Services showed up on my account. I read other forums that stated they do pretty well with PFD. I called on August 3rd and asked could they delete the account if I paid in full, at first the representative told me they did not do PFD. I told her, okay well I'll call back. because I know if they don't remove the negative item that it continues to negatively affect my score. She asks me to hold so she can speak with a manager, she then comes back and asks why did the bill go into collections. I explain that I was a college student having a hard time during that time frame. She places me on another hold, comes back and says my manager agreed to delete the account for full payment. I asked could I have this statement in writing she said no because it was against company policy, but that the call was recorded and I would receive a receipt of payment within 7 days, and that the account would be removed within 30 days.

I am still waiting to receive the receipt, I will keep you updated on if the account gets deleted. I'd suggest calling them just to give it a shot. 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Do!  Thanks for the info

Message 5 of 24
lch4
Established Member

Yes, please keep us updated.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did receive a letter last Thursday stating the debt was paid in full, now I'm waiting to see if it will actually come off my credit. My loan application just went to underwriting yesterday and I'm praying it falls off in case they pull my Credit again.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have an email contacr for them?

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No sorry I don't, I just contacted the number listed on my credit report. Im still playing the waiting game and hoping that it will be removed. My lender just did a rapid rescore so I am truly hoping this collection is gone. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.