Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD astra Recovery Svcs PFD Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AD astra Recovery Svcs PFD Success

I was thinking of sending a pay for delete letter but called and asked to make payment arrangements. The rep assured me that if I PIF that the collections would be deleted from my credit report with all 3 CRA's in the next 30 days but generally it only takes a couple of weeks. I agreed and also recorded the call just in case. Now lets see what happens to my Credit score.

I am overly excited. One baddie down now a few others to go.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AD astra Recovery Svcs PFD Success

I'd get it in writing before I PIF.  as an aside, I'd be careful about recording phone calls without consent fom the other party.  In quite a few states, that is illegal.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AD astra Recovery Svcs PFD Success

Collectors almost universally record their calls anyway. They usually have a statement about 'this call may be recorded (or monitored) for training purposes' on their automated systems. They would have a pretty tough sell trying to claim they did not give a consumer permission to record a call on their own, when they are almost certainly recording the call themselves.

Generally, 'consent' is not implicitly required, just notification. Consent is implied by remaining on the line after the notice.

When talking with a CA on the phone, a simple 'are you recording this call?' should be asked. If they say yes, then you also have implied consent to record also.

There are eleven 'two party' states -  California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.