Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD military Santander not reporting???

tag
RonCadillac
New Visitor

AD military Santander not reporting???

Question: tried to trade in my car and the dealer said they could not find my loan through santander.  Checked all three and lo and behold it's not on there.  I called and asked why and they stated that due to the SCRA (servicemen's civil relief act) they would not report any positive or negative information while I'm active duty.  I asked them why, and they stated "how would it look if we are repossesing cars of soldiers fighting overseas?"  I told them, I've made all my payments on time for THREE years!!!  they replied, you can take your payment history in and the financial department should take that."  Guess what...they don't.  Anyway I talked to the AFRC, and they said while the SCRA covers reposessions, but it has nothing to do with reporting, and they have never heard of a company not reporting. They (Santander) even sent me correspondence saying I was covered under the SCRA act of 2004.  (it's actually the SCRA of 2009!)  I called today and they said they wouldn't report that I had paid the loan off until after I leave the military which is in 5 1/2 years!!! (I have two years left to pay on it) So what do I do?  The thought has crossed my mind to not even pay for it anymore, since they don't report...do I have options or am I stuck?? I'm trying to clean up my credit so I can relax and not struggle during retirement.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: AD military Santander not reporting???

If you stop paying they will report.

There is no requirement in the FCRA that they have to report, only that if they do it has to be accurate.  What they gain by it I am not sure.

And it must be something they currently started.  I was AD until 2011 and they certainly reported my car loan.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.