Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES Goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AES Goodwill

So I submitted a GW request through American Education Services (AES Success) for a paid and closed federal student loan. They were the servicers and I had a couple of latest with them. My generic message was as follows: "I would like to graciously request a goodwill adjustment/removal of the late payments (to all three credit bureaus) on my account". They have all my information, including SSN and account number.

In response, I received this email:

"Thank you for contacting American Education Services (AES)!

We received your recent inquiry regarding the credit reporting for your student loans serviced by our office. However, we need more information to allow us to investigate your dispute.

We want to promptly assist you in correcting any information we may have inaccurately reported to any nationwide consumer reporting agency. Please complete and return the Direct Credit Dispute Form, which can be accessed by selecting the hyperlink below."

Nothing in my one sentence message indicates a dispute or any inaccuracy in their reporting. I guess I will try to send emails to their higher ups instead.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AES Goodwill

I would go right to the top if you can find out who it is. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
Hdcut18
Established Member

Any updates on this?
First priemier 300, capital one secured 850, capital one platinum 500, capital one quicksilver 500, Barclay MasterCard 1000.

Myfico ex 588, tu 621, ex 606
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided not to go their dispute route. I found a late payment that is questionable. According to the NDLS, the loan was in forebearance at the time. So I disputed it on Equifax and asked AES to send me a hard copy of my payment history, due dates and dates of forebearance. Currently waiting on those results.
Message 4 of 17
Hdcut18
Established Member

Great, will be following close attention
First priemier 300, capital one secured 850, capital one platinum 500, capital one quicksilver 500, Barclay MasterCard 1000.

Myfico ex 588, tu 621, ex 606
Message 5 of 17
yizza
Valued Member

I had one 30 day late payment back in Jan 15'. I just talk to a representative about removing it and he said he would mail me a dispute form Smiley Sad. Keep me posted on your outcome.

Message 6 of 17
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

I emailed every executive I could after googling them. Evidently one worked. Got my six 60 and 90 day lates removed. Smiley Happy

Don't give up!

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firecourage, that's awesome!!! I have some messy messy on my AES reporting too - I thought it was hopeless but thanks for giving us hope! Off I go to try again...

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the positive update..I emailed the CEO office this past weekend and got a call back on Monday. They left a message stating that they look into it. Hopefully they will hear my plea.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also trying to clear out 2 30 day lates w AES. A Chaee student loan was transerred to them and after perfect payment status for 2 years w Chase Aes reports 2 lates.  I wasnt notified of the transfer

anyway i have disputed and completed the We need more information form and just yeaterday got a letter saying that they are not going to change anything

can you please provide me with the email of the CEO you corresponded with?

thank you

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.