cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI - Any luck with Deletions on Settled Accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI - Any luck with Deletions on Settled Accounts?

Hello,

I've seen many tales of people having luck with getting AFNI to delete TLs upon full payment, but I'm curious about what kind of luck people have had with requesting deletions on settled accounts? I settled three accounts with them last week, and I am due to likely do a few more soon. Just want to know what kind of record they have with these kinds of deletions.

Thanks for your help and time!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jordy
Contributor

Re: AFNI - Any luck with Deletions on Settled Accounts?

i dont know about a settled account but i had an account the i had PIF before i knew about a PFD and i got a letter stating they would delete...

waiting for that now... i say gw them and see what happens...if they say no... and you really need or want it off your account you might be able to PFD the settled amount...(providing you have the funds)....

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

AFNI is a CA, and has no standing to ever delete a trade line previously reported by the OC.

OC and CA accounts with the CRA are totally seperate.

All they can delete is the reporting of their CA collection.They cannot delete OC reporting.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've seen many tales of people having luck with getting AFNI to delete TLs upon full payment, but I'm curious about what kind of luck people have had with requesting deletions on settled accounts? I settled three accounts with them last week, and I am due to likely do a few more soon. Just want to know what kind of record they have with these kinds of deletions.

Settled with an OC or CA? As a general rule, you're going to have better luck with OCs than CAs, but persistence does often pay.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apologies...it was settled with the CA - AFNI. The bills were to Verizon, Alltel and Cingular (the last two were bought by AT&T, I think).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it settled for less than the full amount? If so, what were the numbers?

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.