cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI COLLECTIONS REMOVED-- ONLY TOOK ONE EMAIL! BOOOOOOM!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI COLLECTIONS REMOVED-- ONLY TOOK ONE EMAIL! BOOOOOOM!!!!

This place continues to be an invaluable resource. I can second that I attempted to get a collection with Afni removed from my CR and they removed it with one email. Thanks luvtlh before this thread I didn't even think that would occur👍🏽
Message 11 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

One question though, how long did it actually take for the CRA to remove the collection? I know the email I received said 30-60 days.
Message 12 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
One question though, how long did it actually take for the CRA to remove the collection? I know the email I received said 30-60 days.

You're welcome! Glad it worked out for you!! I never received a response from them. I just noticed the next day when I updated my Credit Karma reports that they were gone. I officially got a letter from them about a week later stating they were removing the accounts from my CRA. My scores skyrocketed afterwards and that made me extremely happy! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they work fast indeed!! I received an alert today from my fico the collection has been removed from trans Union and I received a 21 point jump which out my score into the good category at 677. So thankful for this site and all the great advice. The goal is to get a mortgage after my 2 year bk layoff is over!!
Message 14 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well they work fast indeed!! I received an alert today from my fico the collection has been removed from trans Union and I received a 21 point jump which out my score into the good category at 677. So thankful for this site and all the great advice. The goal is to get a mortgage after my 2 year bk layoff is over!!

That's awesome! My TU score went up 32pts (I had two AFNI accts removed) and my mortgage score went up 52 pts! Once all agencies remove your collection, pull a 3B report to see how much your mortgage scores have increased. At least that's what I did. Good luck with your home purchase! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you PM me the email address you used? I've got one I paid in full years ago I successfully had removed by direct dispute with TU and EQ but is still on my EX report. It's my only derog and I reeeeally need to have it removed. I got denied a small loan today and was hoping to apply for a better points card in the near future. 

Message 16 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dug a little deeper on here and learned to search a bit and sent a few emails out. Wish me luck. If it doesn't work I have a strongly worded full media validation request I will send CMRRR on Friday. 

Message 17 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

My email worked! They sent me an email two days later saying it would be deleted with the deletion letter attached as a .pdf! So grateful for these forums!
Message 18 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW has a collection from ANFI that just showed up on her report. I'm debating a PFD or should we just pay it and send a GW email? Did anyone send a DV letter first? She doesn't remember having an account with Century Link, but DW is also known to have selective memory. Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed it initially. Of course it came back as valid. I just paid it. About 3mths after paying them I sent GW emails and CMRR Letters. Still with no response. I finally searched the net and found emails to execs. Emailed them and the collections were removed the next day. Btw, AFNI does not do PFD. That would be a waste of time.
Message 20 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.