Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Collection Account Deletion Success

tag
Tmac7631
New Contributor

AFNI Collection Account Deletion Success

I had read some threads on here about sending a PFD letter to their e-mail team. I sent a PFD letter to the email recovery team and they responded with a company letterhead saying they will delete my account with the credit bureaus. I want to thanks all of the people for giving me this information because it worked in the end. I am really happy right now over this small victory.

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI Collection Account Deletion Success

Congrats.

In my experience, AFNI is amongst the easiest to get PFD's and dispute deletions (after settlement).

Message 2 of 13
lessonslearned
New Contributor

ent them Re: AFNI Collection Account Deletion Success

I sent them a letter and got nothing. Maybe they didn't like my letter...would you mind sending me one that you used?

Message 3 of 13
Tmac7631
New Contributor

Re: ent them Re: AFNI Collection Account Deletion Success

Hello lessons. It was just a basic pay for delete letter I found on the internet. It took them like 5 to 7 days until they e-mailed me back. Just keep trying and eventually it might work.

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame

Message 4 of 13
TooMuchTooSoon
Established Member

OK here is what worked for me.  EMail was a no-go; they don't do PFDs.  Followed up with written letter offering $100 for a $305 AT&T debt for delete.  Next thing I know I get a letter in the mail that they have instructed the CRAs to DELETE all entries regarding this account.  Sure enough, logged into my credit monitoring and it is no longer listed with Experian or Equifax; TransUnion must be a little slower because it still shows up.  NOTE; I didn't even have to pay the $100 I offered. YEA!  Keep at it, eventually it will work.

Starting Score: Experian 593 Equifax 552 TransUnion 550
Current Score: 746 767

Message 5 of 13
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

Mind giving Mr your email address?
Message 6 of 13
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

i  meant the email address you used?

Message 7 of 13
Mistakes
Contributor

Can you PLEASE PM the email addresses you emailed?  THANK YOU!

Starting Score: EX649/EQ637/TU611
Current Score: EX649/EQ637/TU620
Goal Score: 750+ ALL 3 by December 2012

Message 8 of 13
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Well maybe I will give it another go.  I got a letter from Afni saying they were willing to settle a T-Mobile account with a $638 balance for $50.  I was going to pay the settlement, but wanted to see if I could get them to agree to delete this from my credit report before I paid it.   I e-mailed them and got an e-mail back saying they don't do PFD's.  Maybe I will try to send them a letter and see if I get better results that way.  I did go ahead and send them the $50.  

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 9 of 13
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI Collection Account Deletion Success

Congrats.  I'm glad everything worked out for you.  It does seem that AFNI is more accepting of those matters.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.