Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Collection Account (Verizon)

tag
Tmac7631
New Contributor

AFNI Collection Account (Verizon)

I disputed this collection account with Transunion and they deleted it. I also disputed it with Equifax and it came back verified. I pulled my Equifax report tonight and it is listed as a negative account and showing 120+ days late and it is showing the account as open. Why isnt this listed with the other collection accounts on my report? The DOFD on it was like April of 2004 and first reported deliquency was in 2008.When will this fall off my report? If nobody ahs any answers on this I am going to call Equifax tomorrow and see what is going on. It almost seems they updated information that does not exist to make it current on my report.

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AFNI Collection Account (Verizon)

Make sure you aren't mixing up DOFD with any other date like "Date fo First Major Delinquency", "Date Opened", "Date Assigned", "Date of Last Activity", or "Date Reported". None of those dates are the DOFD and none of them impact how long something reports (other than Date Opened for OC accounts only). However, DOFD is usually found on your EQ report. TU and EX don't show DOFD anywhere. If the date for DOFD is wrong, and you suspect that it was re-aged, then you have ground to get it removed but you'd have to prove the DOFD (e.g. last bill from the OC, an old report showing DOFD, etc.). Bad accounts stay 7-7.5 yrs from the DOFD. EX and TU don't list the DOFD but will sometimes (though odd goings on today at EX in that department) will list a drop off date.

Sometimes CAs report in the Accounts section. Why? I have no idea. To annoy us? Score-wise, FICO reads it as a CA and scores the worst delinquency, which is the CA itself.

If your goal is to get it off, then send them a PFD. You might just like their response.

Message 2 of 7
Tmac7631
New Contributor

Yes the DOFD on the account was the date of first deliquency which was in 2004. So if this date is correct it should fall off my report this year then correct? It will be a 7 year old account this year.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Right. It will fall off this year.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You have two "accounts" to deal with.  The OC account, which was with you, and the debt collector's "account," which was not with you, but only a credit reporting account between the debt collector and the CRA.  Debt collectors cant report new month.derogs on an OC account, they can on.y report their last, and most severe, delinquency with the OC.  Debt collectors cannor report or reset a DOFD on an OC account.

"Accounts" dont drop from your CR under FCRA 605(a), only individual delinquencies and derogs reported to them,and only as to the ability of the CRA to normally include those derogs in any CR they (the CRA) issues after expiration of those dates.  Nothing drops from your credit file.

I have no idea of the dates and severity of monthly delinquencies reported by the OC prior to any CO or CA.  DOFD has no relevancy to their CR deletion dates.

Each of those has its own CR deletioln date after 7 years from its individual date of reported delinquency.

DOFD only enters into the picture with respect to charge-offs or reported collectilons.  They have their own CR deletion date.

If your DOFD is truly 4/2004, the CR deletion date for any CO or CA that grew out of that OC debt is based on one single, date certain, and that is the DOFD on the OC account, plus 180 days, plus 7-years.  FCRA 605(c).

With a DOFD of 4/2004 on the OC account, then any CO or CA reported on that account can remain until after 10/2011, which would equate to CR exclusilon as of  11/2011

As to why your commercial credit report is intermixing OC and debtt collector reporting when they format the commercial credit reports they vend, there is really no excuse for it.  It is just a crappy commercial credit report that often confuses more than helps. 

Message 5 of 7
Tmac7631
New Contributor

No the OC is not reporting on my report just the collection agency. I just remembered too that this account was for a home phone bill that I had. Does anyone know what the SOL is on a phone bill in Ohio. I am sure this beyond the SOL but not sure.

Message 6 of 7
Smug
Established Contributor

There is a super easy way to make it leave, for good.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.