Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Collection for phone bill

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: AFNI Collection for phone bill

I see. I don't know how I can pay Verizon electronically (yes that is what I would like to do).

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

You should be able to do it through your banks bill payment options. Just enter in your Verizon account number and the bank will debit the funds from your account and send the payment electronically to Verizon...

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 12 of 15
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Turns out I don't owe the money to AFNI. I paid it.This is from 2006 but I had this memory of calling it in....I had a checking account during hte time with Wachovia. I found my account numbers, called the bank, and the bank faxed me the transaction in that amount.  I sent the letter off to AFNI as well as teh positive credit history from Verizon for the same number they reported on my file, paid, closed, never late!

I sure hope this ends. I spent five hours figuring this out....i could see if I owed it...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
hotmeg
New Contributor

will this work if the bill is a couple years old? or only for recent accounts for which a dunning letter was just sent? I have the money to pay verizone but if its pointless and will still be reported and count as negative, I will just pay CA and not send electronic payment to Verizon? Im assuming paid status is better than nothing.
Message 14 of 15
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

DV Afni to see if they can validate, then take it from there.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.