Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Collection!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI Collection!

Hello, 

I am a little confused on the best way to try to get this collection removed from my reports. AFNO has this account for sprint and it was included in our bankruptcy. It just recently updated on experian to be reporting almost 100% correct, just does not have the zero balance but does show closed and paid. On transunion and equifax it is not reporting correctly at all. 

I read recently people sending a goodwill letter to execs to get the line removed, but I didn’t know if that would be best for me since its not a paid collection. Obviously I would prefer to have it removed not updated to report correctly. 

Should I dispute?

Letter to them telling them they are reporting incorrectly?

Goodwill letter through e-mail?

Any advise would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI Collection!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, 

I am a little confused on the best way to try to get this collection removed from my reports. AFNO has this account for sprint and it was included in our bankruptcy. It just recently updated on experian to be reporting almost 100% correct, just does not have the zero balance but does show closed and paid. On transunion and equifax it is not reporting correctly at all. 

I read recently people sending a goodwill letter to execs to get the line removed, but I didn’t know if that would be best for me since its not a paid collection. Obviously I would prefer to have it removed not updated to report correctly. 

Should I dispute?

Letter to them telling them they are reporting incorrectly?

Goodwill letter through e-mail?

Any advise would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

Dispute it as being discharged in BK and the balance is incorrect. It may get corrected or it may just disappear.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one also from them with sprint, all you have to do is file a complaint on them with the BBB and they will delete the collection as a goodwill gesture.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i would simply say that the account is reporting incorrectly, because if it was included in BK it should be showing a zero balance. 

Go and read all the BBB complaints, it seems like 9 times out of 10 they will make a business decision to delete it from your credit report to look good to the BBB.

I will pm you the BBB website>      

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.