Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Collection

tag
mb2621
Established Member

AFNI Collection

On my Experian report, I have AFNI listed as a collection for an old AT&T account. The amount is only $326. However, it is scheduled to fall off in February. What is my wisest move here? Should I offer a PFD (apparently they're more receptive than most to these) or just wait for it to fall off my report? Can it come back to haunt me later if it falls off?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AFNI Collection

Has SOL expired? Personally I'd sit it out and pay later. Once it hits 7 yrs then it's over per reporting.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: AFNI Collection

If you dont plan to use your score to app for new credit between now and when the collection will become excluded, a PFD is not a big deal

However, if you need your score to app for credit, I would offer a PFD.

Exclusion of the collection from your credit report only prevents others from becoming aware that you had a bad debt in collection by a simple pull of your CR.

It has no effect on the issue of whether you still have unpaid, delinquent debt, so yes, it could still affect your credit in the future should a creditor become aware of the continued existence of an unpaid debt. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.